Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I know, TMZ, right?) http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/21/busch-gardens-lawsuit-pregnant-woman-halloween-chain-saw/

"Halloween at Busch Gardens became a real-life nightmare for a pregnant woman who claims she was mowed down by other terrified patrons ... after chainsaw-wielding actors created a panic in the park.

Brittany Lipscomb claims she was at the Williamsburg, VA theme park 2 years ago -- for a ghoul's night out -- and was being extra careful for her safety since she was pregnant.

In her lawsuit -- obtained by TMZ -- Lipscomb says the park hired costumed characters to chase people around with chainsaws ... causing them to run recklessly through the park.

Lipscomb claims she was knocked to the ground by the stampede ... suffering serious injuries -- including emotional distress for the well being of her unborn child. She never says if the kid was actually hurt ... but now she's suing for $25K.

We'll throw this out there ... maybe something called Howl-O-Scream isn't the best place to be when you're pregnant. Just sayin' ..."

·
Registered
600 Posts
We'll throw this out there ... maybe something called Howl-O-Scream isn't the best place to be when you're pregnant. Just sayin' ..."

I agree, what did she expect? I've never been to any haunted attraction where people are walking and calm, if they were it's probably not going to stay open long due to being not scary enough. LOL

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Well she was wasn't "very" concerned for the well being of her unborn child........ridiculous! How about taking responsibility for your own choices.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If she was that concerned for her safety, she wouldn't have gone to something that is known to be a scary adventure to start with. I've had two kids....so I'm not saying pregnant women can't so these things (there wasn't much I wouldn't do when I was pregnant, aside from drugs and alcohol obviously lol) as a pregnancy isn't a sickness. BUT if you do partake in what could be considered "risky" things, environments, etc....that responsibility is yours. No one forced her to attend, and although she was being careful, you can't predict what others will do in those scenarios. Best bet if she was that worried...just stay home.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am fairly sure the disclaimer for these events mention pregnant women and people with heart issues should not attend and if they do the park is not liable. I was just in Disney and Universal and they have that language as well as warnings on ride signs. My wife is pregnant so we paid close attention.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It sounds like she is just after some quick cash. As others have said she waited till the end of the statue of limitations, which if she was actually injured you would think she would sue earlier to pay medical bills. Also the amount, 25k sounds like she is looking for a quick settlement with few questions asked. Hoping the park settles for what they consider pocket change to keep away the bad publicity.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
What do you mean? I'd say it was the perfect place to be. Where else can you make $25K just for showing up and doing nothing? Some people's thinking amazes me. I think, "Let's have fun!" They are thinking, "How can we get something out of this? It's just sad. I hope they lose this suit, and have to pay Bush Gardens legal fees. Maybe that will be a warning to others who would try this kind of crap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts