Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
WOW great job, that's going to be impressive! Can't wait to see how you're going to make it into a "witch" look with burned clothes.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
WOW great job, that's going to be impressive! Can't wait to see how you're going to make it into a "witch" look with burned clothes.
I'm going to do some long singed hair, but not clothes. Although the freaky fabric I imbibed in the latex does look a bit like clothing that has melted and fused with the skin as it burned.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Progress report. Finally finished the corpsing and positioned the hands and feet. Started my paint on the corpse today. Once I get it finished I'll be starting on the hot coals underneath and other details like charring on the post.

This was my test paint on the hip. Going for the look of a steak that was flash cooked and wound up burnt to crap on the outside, but still raw inside...

With the test paint done and an adjustment made to slightly darken my red I have started base coating the foam and latex portions with red. I'll follow up with black over the high spots, then a very light dry brushing of grey to simulate a bit of ash.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Got started on making the post look charred today. Unfortunately I wasted my time making the super realistic fake wood pvc pipe. It's completely covered in black Great Stuff now. That's what I get for not thinking ahead. Oh well, at least I figured out how to do it in case I need to again in the future. I've got the post 100% foamed and about 1/3 of the way carved. Once I get it all carved I'll go over it with some black latex paint to help add some strength to the foam. It also would have been a lot easier if I had done this BEFORE I added the body to the post.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts