Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I have to say that dragon is one of the inflatables that I really, really like. Seriously considered picking him up last year and then again this year. Too large proportionally for my yard though I decided. Your guy looks great up there lit. Where I live I suspect the winds we get in the fall would defeat the dragon and send him to the ground. Good luck on yours. Really beautiful and love the torched roof area.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As you all know .. This time of year my skellies all troop out of the closet ready to reek havoc on our home. :p

Imagine their surprise this year to find the dragons had already taken over and the house engulfed!
So they were put in the awkward position of having to defend and save their haunt .. ;)

More to come.. I need to work on exterior lighting. Interior is done and it's so fun. Skellies up top will be getting hats when Dh gets home. I have a head injury and have been banned from playing on roof for lack of balance.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That is so awesome!! I love the effect you've created with the burning ember trick, so fitting!

EDIT: I asked about the spiderwebs, I found some information :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had to laugh at the skeleton with the hose.

Unfortunately people are so paranoid about wildfires I'd be worried about a neighbor calling 911 if I did something like that.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. :) I had to get stuff up on the cottage and around the side last night and unfortunately ran out of time to get the lighting around front finished. Hopefully I can get to it this weekend sometime .. We have a busy couple of days coming up keeping up with the kids stuff. I'll put more pics up when I get the lighting right.

Unfortunately people are so paranoid about wildfires I'd be worried about a neighbor calling 911 if I did something like that.
The first thing my DH said when I made the dragon's stand and then put the fire and ice spots in the windows is .. Oh .. You are going to get the fire department called on us! Lol I think they'd be rather angry if they showed up .. Only to find the skellies have it under control. ;)

I'm in the process of hitting everything out there ( porch/yard) with red spots to keep with the effect. Once I add the fog machines .. It should be pretty fun! :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forgot I needed some way to divide my witch 'room' /candy station area. So went spelunking in the shed and found this old frame I bought at auction for $5 like a million years ago.

Added some black poster board and a broom .. Now it will hang behind my skellie in a cauldron. Add a ton of beef net webbing, some creepy cloth and I'll have a make shift wall.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Candy station .. Witch cauldron, with bubbling skellie .. It will have a fog machine pumping through it. Both girls will be dressed as witches handing out candy on either side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts