Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in a different thread so I thought I would do it's own Tut. So here it is.........

1 dollar store broom
1 blucky (mine was about 9 yrs old)
1 can great stuff
1 can of red spray paint
1 can blk spray paint
7 1/2in screws
2 pairs latex or vinyl gloves

Remove arms,legs, head and torso. cut a hole in the top and bottom of the skull just big enough to fit the broom handle threw. do the same to the torso and the hip area. Slide and position it where you want it, then screw 2 screws in the back of it. Do the same for the torso and the skull. once everything is attached cut the mouth of the skull and bend it open and fill top and bottom with great stuff. let dry. Now find a place to hang it. now spray great stuff in small amounts and spread it out with your hand. how you want it to look is up to you. Do this all over it. Let it dry for about 1-2 hours. Once dry spray the whole thing red. let that dry. now add some char marks where you would like. I painted black the areas that I thought would burn/char first. Once all is dry hand or place where every you want. I used spit style. I screwed the handle to the beams so it would stay in place. The beams and other wood are scraps left over from a pallet. Please make sure you cut the handle from the broom.

here are a couple of pics.

This year I'm thinking I may add a motor so that it rotates.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just took this advice and made one with a many head and the materials listed. It comes out so real it is freaky. I love this!! Best looking prop so far!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol that's why I put it on the list. I have seen people use there bare hands then piss and moan about it later. lol

Thank you all for the kind words. It makes a person feel good. So Thank you! =)

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
lol that's why I put it on the list. I have seen people use there bare hands then piss and moan about it later. lol

Thank you all for the kind words. It makes a person feel good. So Thank you! =)

Great tut...I found the hard way about using GS without gloves, took weeks for it to come off

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This would work great for that. I am picturing a full size one standing straight up with glowing coals around it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
A Blucky is a made-up word for a blow-mold skeleton. It's a combination of BLow-mold and Bucky, which is the lowest grade of the skeletons available on the market. Bluckies don't look very realistic but they are (relatively) cheap, so they are good for props like the one Sleepers created. Similar terms you might come across are Wally, which is a Walgreen's skeleton.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I absoluting love this and want one,. NOt sure where I will upt it - but go to make the hubby build it for me. Thank you for sharing,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts