Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my third attempt at making a scarecrow mask, and I think I finally got the process down. I still need weather it, but unfortunately this project will be on the back burner for a bit while I finish up some commissions.
0727190345.jpg
0731191740a.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is awesome, are you just using burlap and a glue? I made a mask with burlap and latex and boy is it warm. I may need to make a new one with just burlap because the haunt I work at is inside and hot!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
This is awesome, are you just using burlap and a glue? I made a mask with burlap and latex and boy is it warm. I may need to make a new one with just burlap because the haunt I work at is inside and hot!
You may find just using burlap that the mask will be itchy. You will either want to wear a lightweight fabric face cover, or line your mask with a lightweight lining fabric.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I first draped a piece of soft cotton fabric over the form, and made somewhat of a mask with that. Doing this made the whole mask super comfy. I then built a burlap base on top of the cotton and begin forming the anatomy of the mask with layered burlap and upholstery foam. Doing so allowed me to form such defined brows and cheekbones, as well as the nose. I used primarily hot glue, with some contact cement and CA glue in some spots. 0726190344.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts