Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience in making a burlap mask? Looking for pointers and how to create the stains I see on commercial masks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The stains are pretty easy.
I used acrylic paints to stain my scarecrow gloves. It's going to take some layering of paint but it's worth it in the end.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I created several scarecrows for my "Terror in the Pumpkin Patch" theme last year. I started with burlap pieces which I sewed together with hemp cord. I placed it on the head of one of my skeletons and used decoupage to mold the contours. After drying overnight, I used black and brown craft paint (watered down) to shadow the contours, letting it drip down over the mask to create a weathered look.
IMG_5279.jpg
IMG_5289.jpg
IMG_5376.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
I created several scarecrows for my "Terror in the Pumpkin Patch" theme last year. I started with burlap pieces which I sewed together with hemp cord. I placed it on the head of one of my skeletons and used decoupage to mold the contours. After drying overnight, I used black and brown craft paint (watered down) to shadow the contours, letting it drip down over the mask to create a weathered look.
View attachment 561781
View attachment 561783
View attachment 561785
These are Fantastic!!! Great detail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts