Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/burger-king-again-offering-simpsons-halloween-figuresl-172700136.html

For a few years there, Burger King was offering little collectibles along with their kids' meals that spotlighted "The Simpsons" annual Treehouse of Horror Halloween special. Then they stopped. Well, "Simpsons" fans, 2011 is turning out to be a great year because Burger King is back in action!

Burger King's entry into the "Simpsons" Halloween collectibles market this year features a selection of some of the show's most popular characters. Each figure is placed in front of a background on which is revealed a secret image when a button on the back is pushed. For instance, Marge Simpson appears in front of the background dressed as Cleopatra. Since the images are supposed to be secret, you'll have to check them out for yourself to see exactly what the revelation is. Homer Simpson appears dressed as some sort of superhero, while Mr. Burns appears to be in his Montymort costume from the parody of Harry Potter that was featured one year.

If you have watched "The Simpsons" annual Treehouse of Horror shows over the years, you will recognize familiar images featured on these Burger King toys, such as Maggie with multiple reptile legs when she was revealed to be the illegitimate offspring of Marge Simpson and Kang. Or was it Kodos?

Scratchy the cat is attired in his skeleton costume, while Comic Book Guy wears his supervillain suit when he played The Collector in a memorable Halloween segment featuring Xena…or Lucy Lawless. Another classic Treehouse of Horror episode had Bart Simpson turning into a half fly/half boy freak, and he appears in this collection of Burger King toys with the body of a fly beneath his head. Lisa Simpson and Kang the alien round out the characters you can own courtesy of Burger King this Halloween.

Just in case you are considering perverting the spirit of the Burger King "Simpsons" Halloween figures, keep in mind that many, many people collect the entire series. Even a collection of the rare gold talking figures from Burger King still in their original packaging currently lists for only $119 on eBay, and even at that price there isn't a bid. So don't go buying up these figures in bulk hoping to make money. All you are doing is taking the fun away from real "Simpsons" fans.

·
Registered
270 Posts
my grandkids left a mr burns here the other night...oddly enough, he just sorta 'disappeared' but i bet he turns up next year. :D

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I saw the commercial for them yesterday. I haven't eaten at Burger King in years, but I may have to make an exception!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts