Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I organize and operate a HH as a fund raiser for Special Olympics... which basically means I have no budget because I try to donate every penny. I want to add a bungee jump scare point in my HH (probably for next year) and I have located someone to make the bungees. I need a set of plans or blueprints for the frame. I contacted a bungee company and for 750.00 they would provide me a set of plans... remember that "fund raiser" comment. So, I decided to turn to the HF for help! Any comments, suggestions, links will be appreciated. In advance, Thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
What type of bungee jump are you trying to replicate? Have you found any pictures on line? Is this going to be operated by an actor? The first thing that comes to mind for me when I think of a bungee jump scene is one where the jumper made the jump, and when he or she got to the end of the bungee his or her body kept going and was torn in half. To do this, I would build an A frame (like a swingset ), and have a pair of legs dangling from the bungee cord. Then I would have the actor laying on the ground with his or her lower 1/2 hidden and some guts hanging out. You could do this like a mangled body table only have it on the ground, and build up the ground around it so the difference in ground level isn't noticeable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pat-f Actually, I hadn't thought of that scenario. I have an actor that would like to jump out at the guests from a small landing (4 ft or so). The bungees will be fairly short allowing the actor to return to the platform and re-stage. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts