Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at the calendar and saw that Halloween is on a Saturday in 2015. I imagine that the decrease in ToTs this year will trend into next year too. Plus I won't be doing any last minute fixes as I'll likely be watching college football and there's a chance the Halloween Half Marathons that I run will actually be on Halloween. Looks like a good year to minimize the display.

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
I'm excited for it to be on a Saturday next year. My nieces will actually be able to come over for the whole day to help me set up plus, my husband will be home as well. I think it'll be a great Halloween!

·
Registered
121 Posts
In our area TOT is always on the Thursday before the Halloween, so we don't have to worry about that. As far as our party i'm kind of up in the air if I want to have it on Halloween or keep it the weekend before. Soooo confused!

·
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In our area TOT is always on the Thursday before the Halloween, so we don't have to worry about that. As far as our party i'm kind of up in the air if I want to have it on Halloween or keep it the weekend before. Soooo confused!
That's awesome...I personally think Thursday is the best day for ToTing.

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
I was just looking at the calendar and saw that Halloween is on a Saturday in 2015. I imagine that the decrease in ToTs this year will trend into next year too. Plus I won't be doing any last minute fixes as I'll likely be watching college football and there's a chance the Halloween Half Marathons that I run will actually be on Halloween. Looks like a good year to minimize the display.
Were you at the Haunted half in SLC this year? Wife ran the half, kids and I did the 5k. I would think they would do those the week before, personally.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Why is Saturday a bad day? I've always seen more tots on Fridays and Saturdays because they stay out later due to no school the following day!
As best as I can figure, there are a lot more parties on Friday and Saturday nights. While the kids can stay up later, they are also more likely to be doing something besides TOTing. This year, I got half the normal number of children, and almost all were under 6.

·
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Were you at the Haunted half in SLC this year? Wife ran the half, kids and I did the 5k. I would think they would do those the week before, personally.
I've done the one in Syracuse the past couple of years mainly because it's closer to home.. Since it starts/ends at Black Island farms and they give passes to the family of those running the half, they may stick to Halloween. You might want to look at that run if the whole family is involved. It's listed as the Syracuse Harvest Half http://www.tntrunning.com/index.php/details-halloween

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think that Friday/ Saturday would be the holy grail for us in this hobby. No school the next day so they can stay out later. I for one will NOT be cutting back. This year is bigger and better and over the top!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I also think Friday/Saturday are bad tot days. Not sure about Sunday. That could be good because the parties are out of the way by then. In fact, Sunday could be the best day for the celebrators I would think. Parties Friday and Saturday, trick or treating Sunday- a real long weekend full of halloween fun. But I saw my numbers down this year because of Friday night. Aside form the little ones who come in daylight, the night time crowd is older and that's who was missing, presumably at parties. Week days would seem to be the best in terms of turn out because people are more apt to tot rather than party. We'll see.

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
I agree with the bad Fri/Sat turn out. This was our last year doing our huge walk thru maze and we were looking forward to our usual 400-500 crowd. I think we may have gotten 300 at best. Thursday is indeed a great night for Halloweeen.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,258 Posts
Yep - if you have read some of our forum members complaints about party turnouts being bad, tot turnout being worse this year. I think when it lands on weekend, people have alot of options and try to split the evening up. I had ZERO tot's this year (i usually only have 12-30 anyway) but my party was a hit - I had it on Oct 11 - away from major local high school football games, local high school band competitions etc.

On Halloween night my youngest and I went to halloween party and tot around the same neighborhood. It was very strange - it was all over by 9-930pm.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,572 Posts
I'm with Scatterbrains, after this Friday turnout, even with the best weather we've had in years, we had our lowest count of ToTers ever. I was looking forward to Halloween being on a Saturday but not anymore.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had mixed feelings, one I was happy to have my party on Friday night and then slightly sad because ToTs and parents have the whole day to fill up and I think with other events going on by the time night falls they will be Halloweened out. Hoping they spend the day putting costumes together and decorating; my neighborhood needs more spirit to coax the spirits.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I think part of the fun of Halloween is in the unpredictability, and it's always a bit of a gamble: You can decorate and put on a huge show, but there's no guarantee that you will have a big turnout. There are just so many random factors that influence how many people are going out and what they'll be doing. Personally, I think Saturday is a great day for it. A lot of people waited years to have Halloween fall on a weekend again!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts