Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever thought about using a "Bulk Tape Eraser" for an electrocution chair? I saw one at the local goodwill and it about scared me to death when I plugged it in and got it close to the metal shelf. Thought maybe you guy's might have some experience with it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have not heard of it either. Who knows, may be you stumbled apon someting good. Could you please share with the rest of us on what it is?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems to be a magnetic tape eraser. Plug it into 110 and push the button and get it close to a VHS tape or metal and it goes haywire. Very loud high pitch buzz. http://youtu.be/0m8caQeG4M0

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Maybe some of these "young kids" don't remember tapes... LOL :rolleyes:
Don't get it too close to your computer, either. It'll erase your hard drive in a split-second!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't know how well it would play with other electronic devices, especially cell phones of people that get to close.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Wouldn't it erase all your credit cards?? I could see someone sitting down on it and wiping all their credit cards...

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've played around with one before, but never thought of using it for prop motion. Interesting idea! The fields aren't so strong that they'd likely harm people's cell phones, so I wouldn't be too worried about that, but it's probably true that you don't want people sitting in said chair for their credit cards' sake. For a non-participatory prop it seems like it could work pretty well, though. Give it a shot!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Just a note - these things are for short duration or intermittent use. Usually no more than 1 min on and then 15-20 min off to cool. If they overheat, some have a self resetting circuit breaker, but others have an internal thermal fuse that opens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts