Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we are all starting to get busy on props again. ( like we ever stop? ) Any way here is how I build the things I can't afford to buy.

I do a rough shape with chicken wire. Then spray away with the great stuff.

Here you can see how I built up the mouth before I started carving.

I foamed in a piece of pvc with a tee for mounting.

Then you carve it to a rough shape and finish by sanding. Depending on how smooth you want it, you can use MM, or Dry lock. I used fiber glass, because I planned on him being in water. I used 7 cans of great stuff. Here he is finished. You can put your head in side of his mouth.

This is what I did with him on Halloween.

Thought maybe this might give some one some ideas.

C

·
0 Posts
AMAZING! I love that!!
I think I should quit trying to make props so i don't embarrass myself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice! that's awesome!

I've started prop making too, lol, and this is my first time working with Great Stuff.
It's very sticky. VERY sticky! Even after washing my hands they are still sticky, hahaha!

You are doing something a bit different than me, I'm making plaster molds and filling them with Great Stuff.

Do you have any suggestions on something I can apply to make them pop out of the mold a bit easier? I've tried soap with some success and vaseline with lots more success, but more cleanup ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone.

The POD, I used one of those Showtime saw knives. Kind of like a Ginsu Then a electric palm sander.

Mr Chicken, I glassed the shark. Then made the teeth out of clay. Once they dried I took them off, then glued them back on and put 4 coats of resin over them.

ScareCrowe, I think the Vaseline is the best I know of. You might want to try a kitchen cooking spray. But do something small that doesn't matter. I haven't tried it, so it is just a thought.

creepycathy, don't quit, it is to much fun and brings lots of joy to tot's. That's a great reward. I really don't know much about it myself. I'm learning a lot from folks on here, the Florida Haunters, and NC Haunters. You will find so many people that love to share and help. Haunters are just great people!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Dave! Yeah I have it set up on a 26 inch air cylinder, with a washer machine valve. Then I dug a big hole set a large thrash can inside. Then slid the mechanics and the shark down inside. A very larger TT.:) I wanted to put him in the pond. But I didn't have time. :D

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
That's great....now make a gator jump out at their feet while they are still trying to get their hearts beating from that scare...LOL!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts