Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my horse has its head fastened on, its legs are secure and now it is going to grow skin (monster mudd) I can't wait.
Take a look and tell me what you think of DAREDEVIL

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Wow, that's really coming along great! I can't wait to see the finished horse.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Color me very impressed! It looks fabulous. I only hope after it's final fleshing he doesn't appear too bulky, because it's looking perfect already! :D

·
Ghouls Rule
2,614 Posts
It looks very accurate for a horse stomping something to death :) How did you go about building out the armature, the shapes and "skeleton" are spot on anatomically wise :)

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
dang i have to give u PROPS get it. oh u dont ok but u have beeb work on this for a while now nice work keep it up

-BYH

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on having a skeleton riding on back. Skelly will be cloaked with one hand on the horses mane to hold on and the in the other hand he will be carrying a metal pumpkin with flames coming out of it. (toilet paper soaked in kerosene). I did think about having something under the horse being stomped. Still don't know what to put there. Don't really want a violent scene. I have a ton of tots and every year is the same thing...kids crying at the end of my walkway, afraid to come to the door passing all the props:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
being bulky was my fear as well but I will definately being watching for this as I get started on the MM. I have never worked with Monster Mud but I am hoping Daredevil keeps her figure after rolling in the mud:) Having fun always has a price

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
I plan on having a skeleton riding on back. Skelly will be cloaked with one hand on the horses mane to hold on and the in the other hand he will be carrying a metal pumpkin with flames coming out of it. (toilet paper soaked in kerosene). I did think about having something under the horse being stomped. Still don't know what to put there. Don't really want a violent scene. I have a ton of tots and every year is the same thing...kids crying at the end of my walkway, afraid to come to the door passing all the props:)
Why not use a tiki torch bottle? Seems it would be easier to reload and maybe a little bit safer to burn?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Building out the armature was achieved by covering the frame with a sheet of foam, stapling it to the wooden frame. Once that was finished, I injected 'great stuff' under the foam to give the neck, legs, joints and rump some muscle definition. Now I am wiring the whole thing with chicken wire. Hate this job, especially since it is raining but it is almost done
Thanks for your encouraging compliments, I appreciate the feedback:)

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Nice job....although I have to disagree with the title of the thread. It is as tough as I thiink and kudos to you and the others that have taken on the challenge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts