Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im rying to build a haunted yard, and im having a problem with my walls... because of the wonderful oklahoma weather we had a storm last night and it knocked down the walkway that i had up... i had built them with rebar and pallets, i had doubled up the pallets to block out the street lights and i know that there will be another storm or two from now to halloween... please does anyone have any suggestions that are inexpensive and quick? i dont have much time left... :(

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
By walkway, I assume you mean a fairly narrow corridor with pallet walls on each side, yes? The first and most basic way to strengthen them is to add bracing across the top, connecting the two walls. You can also get some of those dog cable stays that have a corkscrew to drive them into the ground (These are a mere $5 at my local Lowes) and use some rope, chain or cable to stabilize the walls as well.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
if you have straight parallel walls, put some pallets perpendicular to them...and as mentioned above....brace the top together

1 - 3 of 3 Posts