Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are tackling 2 giant mushrooms this year. We finished the "bones" of the first one today - FINALLY. Next is running the lights and electrical, cheesecloth and then foam.

UPDATE AS OF 10/1/13

UPDATE AS OF 11/8/13

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Very good!

I see you thought ahead and won't have to worry about hearing a child say "Mommy, why is there a giant ***** in their front yard?" Seriously, I know people who would build giant mushrooms that would elicit that response, all without any intention of doing so. :D

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very good!

I see you thought ahead and won't have to worry about hearing a child say "Mommy, why is there a giant ***** in their front yard?" Seriously, I know people who would build giant mushrooms that would elicit that response, all without any intention of doing so. :D
LOL! Yes i made the cap nice and BIG hahaha

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks big and awesome, curious to see what you do with the lighting.

PS - when I lived in WV I kept the shovel closer to the door for copperhead eradication. ;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks big and awesome, curious to see what you do with the lighting.

PS - when I lived in WV I kept the shovel closer to the door for copperhead eradication. ;)
You know, I haven't seen any copperheads yet! Lots of black rat snakes though. The mushroom will glow underneath the cap and then be lit with up light for the rest. Not sure about the top since no one will see it, but i do plan to photograph it from up high so i will need to figure that out. But to get the glow under the cap, i was just going to do some kind of string light along the conduit. That will all be covered with spandex. I actually would love some ideas for exactly what kind of light to use!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Saw these Giants Flowers at Hobby Lobby today...They might fit into your scene. They were about 4' tall and the flowers were between 1' and 2' across the tops
flower 2.JPG giant flowers.JPG

·
Registered
473 Posts
They look spectacular !
Wow :eek: Versa foam - I have used that stuff before and that is some serious coin. The most awesome stuff in the world as you have discovered. There will be no stopping you now..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts