Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roommate said we could decorate her room for our Halloween party and I wanted to do something simple, so I was thinking of a bug collector's theme. I know I can get some cheap bugs at the dollar store and tack them all over the walls with sticky notes that say weird observations. Also plan on having some bug noises hidden around the room.
What else can I do that's relatively cheap or I can make myself?
I'm not using spiders since my room is the spider room, but I could probably use similar cocoons that will be in my room.

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
Is your roommate okay with the bugs? Did she have any idea what you were thinking when she told you it was okay to decorate her room? Eeek! (Are you trying to tell her something? LOL)

Okay, you need a butterfly net. Hang cheese cloth around. Books on bugs laying around. If you can find any. The get your hands on some old books and some wide black ribbon. I covered the spines of some old books and gave them names that worked will with my theme. Use green light bulbs in lamps.

You could also set up a small lab area. I found a student microscope and slide set for about $25. Lab stuff:
Magnifying glass, microscope, slides, sharp knife and a dissected bug on a small plate/saucer, a paper scrapbook lying open with bugs glued and labeled.

If you can get your hands on a aquarium, then put some sticks in it and add some of you bugs. Corkboard and some pins with the ball heads to stick some bugs on the corkboard. Jars with bugs too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, really great ideas, thanks! I actually have an old microscope set from years ago, that'd work.
And yes, I told her about it already and gave her the option to come up with some more themes too. :} But this seems to be the one right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts