Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't want to buy an expensive control box. I have bought a few outdoor motion lights before and wired them to plug in the wall, using the light sockets to plug props. But is there another way, just as cheap, to have a motion detection device and an accurate timer? The motion light I made before, I just used the "test" mode. But I'm looking for something I can set to a particular time. Also, what about audio? I have in the past used ipods and just set the audio to loop. But, I'm wanting audio to play from the beginning every time my prop is activated. I appreciate all the advice in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you considered using an Arduino?

You can go your own route if you want the learning experience, or just jump straight in by using an Octo Banger.

Google button banger (I'd post a link but as this is my first post I'm not allowed to).

RV

·
Registered
74 Posts
Arduino is the way to go. There are add-on boards for audio, PIR sensors, relays to control lights and motors, etc. It's very cost effective. An Arduino Uno, PIR sensor, audio module and a couple of relays can be had for ~$20. eBay is your friend for that stuff.

I used several of them this year. One had 32 relays, 6 LED strips, four servos and more hooked up to it. One just controlled a pop up skull. Very versatile and not expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts