Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
I've got a Lindberg skull and I like the detail. It's also lightweight. Lindberg now has a 1/1 pirate skull that you might want to check out. It's aged and looks pretty good. I haven't seen one in person, but the pic looks good.

You can find the Lindgerg Pirate skull for around $15.

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
I've got a Lindberg skull and I like the detail. It's also lightweight. Lindberg now has a 1/1 pirate skull that you might want to check out. It's aged and looks pretty good. I haven't seen one in person, but the pic looks good.
You can find the Lindgerg Pirate skull for around $15.
It's not aged. It comes bleach white out of the box. It's really just a re-marketing of their "scientific" skull model. Still, I think it is superior in appearance to Bucky, especially when you compare them to real skulls, like Scourge's.

Weird, that Richeson Skull looks exactly like a first quality Bucky. Perhaps it's one of the sort that Scourge had a crate of.

·
Macho Nacho
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not aged. It comes bleach white out of the box. It's really just a re-marketing of their "scientific" skull model. Still, I think it is superior in appearance to Bucky, especially when you compare them to real skulls, like Scourge's.

Weird, that Richeson Skull looks exactly like a first quality Bucky. Perhaps it's one of the sort that Scourge had a crate of.
I believe all you have to do is add some wood stain to the skull.

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
I dont think they're doing the Bucky skulls anymore due to quality concerns, but I'd choose Lindberg just because of the jaw mounting.
That is correct. Graveyard Skulls is now stocking the GYS skull, which looks basically the same as a Bucky, but is apparently better made and a pound lighter.
Here's a picture of the two side by side (taken by Otaku, I believe): HalloweenGallery.com - Talking skellys/Bucky-Nix 1. If you ask me, I think it looks an awful lot like a scaled up version of a Mr. Thrifty skull (having never owned one, though, I can't say for sure).

And you are correct, Calloween, wood stain works quite nicely on a Lindberg. Here's a couple of examples from my haunt: DSCN8768.JPG (image)
DSCN8770.JPG (image)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I used bucky skulls to make my 3-axis talking skulls and I was very pleased with the results. Here's a video:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Great video! What program are you using to control the servos?

I used VSA and an EFX-TEK Prop-SX to control the two skulls. I show the setup at the end of the video.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I believe all you have to do is add some wood stain to the skull.
The Pirate skull has different teeth than the regular lindberg skull. They're much more crooked and look like they've lacked dental care. To make the pirate skull the nice color on the box, you just brush on some oak wood stain.

Craig

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
I used regular wood stain (dark walnut color), and just dipped a cloth rag in the can, wiped it on the skull, and wiped some of it off again....wearing no less than 11 pairs of gloves in the process (actually, it took that many gloves to do a full skeleton. why? something in the stain eats at the latex gloves so that they become brittle)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts