Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a month ago i purchased a bucky torso with no arms. About a week later i purchased the arms. Now yesterday i decided to put the arms on the torso and pack it all away till i was ready to start working on it. I noticed though that i have no hardware to attach the arms! Any idea as to where i could find this hardware? Do you know if any bucky dealers sell replacement hardware for these guys?

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my original plan of action was to contact them and see if they carried it or could order me some. If i cannot get any hardware then i will have to either get really creative or buy a whole new torso with the arms included.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
The hardware that holds the arms on is just a thin strip of metal and two screws, and one nut, for each arm.

The strip of metal is steel, about 0.020" thick, 3-3/4" long, and 11/32" wide with rounded ends. It has three holes about 1/8" dia. One centered and the other two approximately 3/8 from the ends. A strip of steel banding would work just fine.

One screw is a pan-head philips 1/8"X5/8" course thread. This is used in the center hole to affix the steel strip to the scapula.
The second screw is really just a steel rod with a loop bent on one end and threaded on the other. A bolt 2" long by 1/8" will work, but you probably wont find that at your local home depot. Look up a fastener shop for them. This bolt goes through the end holes in the steel strip, bent into a U shape around the arm.
The nut should be the appropriate size for the 2 inch screw.

These measurements and the materials are not critical at all.
If you want the arms to be fixed in one position, you can rough up the attachment points and use epoxy to hold the arms.
Baling wire or zip-ties work too.

·
crossfit zombie
7,454 Posts
my original plan of action was to contact them and see if they carried it or could order me some. If i cannot get any hardware then i will have to either get really creative or buy a whole new torso with the arms included.
Hope you find hardware that works but if not you may want to consider buying a whole bucky.
Are you a reseller for the skeletonstore?I am and all I did was register to get the great wholesale prices.I would buy a whole bucky they wholesale for 79 or less I can't remember.The legs come unattached but can be attached via the bolts in the legs.I just wanted the upper part and arms.
I myself thought about buying the torso but decided to buy a whole one that way I would have it if I wanted.So next year I can turn him into something else.
This year he is a singing elvis.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i called ACC and they do not sell the parts i need. So i either am going to have to make something to do the job or i make my bucky BBQ and buy another bucky. This sort of sucks. Its not the end of the world but its a bit of a snag.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hardware is available...

Well i called ACC and they do not sell the parts i need. So i either am going to have to make something to do the job or i make my bucky BBQ and buy another bucky. This sort of sucks. Its not the end of the world but its a bit of a snag.

Big Nick... I have original hardware for all bucky components, including the arm attachments in two styles. .. I'll send at no charge. Email me with your mailing address...

[email protected]
678-776-8861

Let me know exactly what you need if not all listed in the posts and I will supply.

Alternatively, the reason I have all this hardware is that when we create a "seamless" post production model, [[corpse, aged, etc]] meaning with diminished unsightly hardware, like the original arm attachments, we use heavy screw in eyelets for the arms... heavier, more stable attachment point for the arm, mostly hidden, retains full functional use of the arm within a natural range of movement. It is a superior solution to the original hardware and one that MrSkeleton will be integrating into the "new bucky" in development... oops.. did that slip....

Do let me know if you need that arm hardware.

PS to all readers, see this blog post regarding our community *survey* - we would love to include your BUCKY related insights

Thanks,
Jeff Nix - MrSkeleton.com

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Big Nick... I have original hardware for all bucky components, including the arm attachments in two styles. .. I'll send at no charge. Email me with your mailing address...

[email protected]
678-776-8861

Let me know exactly what you need if not all listed in the posts and I will supply.

Alternatively, the reason I have all this hardware is that when we create a "seamless" post production model, [[corpse, aged, etc]] meaning with diminished unsightly hardware, like the original arm attachments, we use heavy screw in eyelets for the arms... heavier, more stable attachment point for the arm, mostly hidden, retains full functional use of the arm within a natural range of movement. It is a superior solution to the original hardware and one that MrSkeleton will be integrating into the "new bucky" in development... oops.. did that slip....

Do let me know if you need that arm hardware.

PS to all readers, see this blog post regarding our community *survey* - we would love to include your BUCKY related insights

Thanks,

Do you use the same method for the legs? My bucky's bolt snapped in half where the leg attaches to the hip. If I recall correctly one end of the bolt is embedded into the legbone so I will need to figure out how to remove the broken piece first.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you use the same method for the legs? My bucky's bolt snapped in half where the leg attaches to the hip. If I recall correctly one end of the bolt is embedded into the legbone so I will need to figure out how to remove the broken piece first.
Use of screw eye bolts for the legs depends on the conversion of the skeleton, meaning if we AGE it, we use the eye bolt. If corpsed, we use the original hardware.

The eye bolt offers greater leg flexibility which lessens the chance of snapping the rigid original bolt if the keg gets bent against the bolt,

When screw eye bolts are used for the leg attachments, we use a larger size.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mr. Skeleton,

THanks for the offer but i was able to find a place not far from me that supplied me with the proper hardware for free. I will keep you in my mind in the future though.

Thanks a lot,

Nick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts