Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put together a static toxic waste barrel, except I would like it to be full of water lit from inside and bubbling. I can handle the lighting part, I'm just not sure of the most effective way to get substantial bubbling in the water.

I have 2 compressors each with a 30 gallon tank that will be running three pneumatic props (a trash can trauma, a body slinger, and an air cannon), but I'm not sure if I have enough air for that prop plus make the water in my toxic barrel bubble. What other options are out there?

·
Registered
576 Posts
A small air compressor for a fish tank. If you increase the size of the output tube you should get a larger bubble.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did consider a fish tank bubbler, but didn't think they really put out a high volume of air. Maybe a trip to the pet store is in order today. My other concern is that a fish bubbler that does put out a large volume of air will also reduce my wallet of a large volume of cash! Maybe a trip to the pet store for info and a trio to craigslist for purchase are in order!

Anyone have experience with fish tanks that can chime in?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 55 gallon tank with an air pump. They do come in different sizes depending on what size tank you have. There is a steady stream of air from them but I don't know if you could get a large bubble from it. The plastic tubing you attach is only about 1/4" diameter. I don't think it would give you enough air output though. I am not sure if the air pumps come larger than the one I have for my tank. Look at the pet stores - Walmart is usually pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Think about a fishtank's sunken ship bubbler.... although on a larger scale. Maybe use plastic bowls under water... attach the bowls with a hinge (or two pices of string(?)) to keep it in place and let the air fill the (upside down) bowl..... when it gets to a point the air will lift one side of the bowl up releasing a LARGE buble of air (toxic gases)....

·
Registered
313 Posts
you could also try a outdoor pond or fountain submersable pump.......if it was at the bottom of the barrel and pointed staight up it would give you a bubbling top with out the fiz from the aquarium pump ................

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
a ultrasonic water mister, doesnt exactly bubble but it does give of smoke /steam and throws a bit of water around...

and makes the barrel look like its radioactive etc...

Ruggerz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts