Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for ways to make my own. Noticed magicians would blow cigarette smoke into bubbles. The process is simple fog blows bubbles and stays in them. Helium makes them float. Combine the two...

I found this guy's website...below is all the info. he had on it. Should give us all some ideas. I added everything here in this thread, so you would not have to hop around. Hope it Helps Someone!!

Here is a guy that hacked a Ghost Bubble toy to do it:
(from: Wayne Schmidt's Insane Projects)

"Soap bubbles are okay, but they can be hard to see and if the wind isn't right, they fall and break. I solved these problems by feeding an automatic bubble machine a mixture of smoke from a smoke machine and helium from a party-balloon kit from Walmart. The smoke makes the bubbles look like glistening pearls and the helium can be adjusted to make the bubbles float or rise."

More Info:
(from Wayne Schmidt's Bubble Page)

" The Ghost Bubble machine by Peterfish toys worked better, but it too was disappointing in many ways. This bubbler has a small built-in smoke machine that's supposed to created smoke-filled bubbles by dipping the yellow bubble wand at the top in bubble solution, turning it upright, then pressing either the fast (top) or slow (lower) trigger on the left side to engage a fan to blow the bubbles. It works... but only after a fashion.

It takes a full minute for the smoke maker to create enough smoke (fog actually) to fill the chamber beneath the wand. Once filled, the wand can be dipped and one of the triggers pressed to blow a bubble. Then the problems start. The fan was strong enough to burst some of the bubbles formed on my particular machine. Those that didn't were so firmly attached to the wand that they never broke free. To get them off I had to blow on them. Worst of all, the amount of fog in air drawn in to inflate the bubble is so low that the resulting bubble ends up only looking faintly cloudy. The final killer for this machine is that you have to wait another full minute to produce enough smoke to try making a second bubble. Failing to do this only makes a normally transparent bubble. I doubt many children will want to wait that long. One last issue is that this is a messy toy to use. It's almost impossible for a child, or even me, to dip the wand and turn the machine upright without dripping bubble solution on the floor.

Still, this machine is not without promise. I found that once the bubble had started to form if I covered up the air inlets the force of the fan was reduced enough so that the bubble was less likely to burst. The architecture of the machine makes is easy to install a plastic tube that would allow helium to be added to the air used to inflate bubbles so that they would float instead of sink. Finally, using a larger fog machine to supply all the filling needed to inflate a bubble, which would make the bubbles appear more solidly filled with smoke. Combining both of these last two ideas would enable someone to create smoke-filled bubbles that floated. The price to pay for this, besides the expense of the helium, a fog machine and various plumbing fixtures, is that the resulting unit would be large, heavy, and awkward to use. "

Here is more from the same guy:
- Smoky Smoke Bubbles (How To)

Plus a Video!!:
YouTube - Helium Tricks & Air Gun Tricks with Soap Bubbles

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stains would not be good. Darn! seemed so easy. Is that solution you have glow green? I want green floating bubbles for my cauldron.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts