Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to take both my Gemmy 'Fraidy Cat' and 'Animated Crow in Cage' thru TSA and flight, however, before I could even make it to my flight my backpacking backpack fell on top of my dear friend the 'Fraidy Cat'.

The head fell off. The plastic piece that controlled the head movement of the cat broke. i tried to epoxy the piece back but no avail. IM COMPLETELY DEVASTATED right now :'(

Hopefully, I can figure a way to recreate or mimic the broken piece of plastic that was part of the cat's head mechanism.....

I need to figure out a way to remedy this disaster. My co-worker, "Diana" who build's BattleBots for a living offered to fabricate the piece of plastic I need to slide onto 'Fraidy Cat's Head'.... but I rather not have to pry

wish me luck guys.... or please help me im soooooo sad right now

or sympathy lol :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you are able to make a 3D drawing on a computer you could easily have the part fabricated on a 3d printer probably.

I just ordered a 3D printer just to be able to do things like that

·
Registered
38 Posts
i ordered the makerbot xl 2. it feeds regular abs filament line.

hoping i could use it to build some things for example moving skulls. trying to figure out a design right now. Sadly not for this year halloween anymore

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess the motor that moved the head mechanism broke anyway. I was able to get his head back on.... all the other movement works at the very least :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts