Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a link several Xmas's ago to be able to send xmas music to passing cars through their radios. But I cannot find the link, does anyone know what I'm talking about this was a low wattage transmitter (that I think you did not have to get a fcc license to use). But you could hook it to a cd player or what ever and it would transmit to a certain frequency. If anyone has a link I sure would like to have it.
Thanks,

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Halstaff, that's what I'm talking about, the one I saw was not in a kit form but is was also a hell of a lot more in cost. Have you already bought this one, I'm just curious what type of player you can hook up to it, I assume you can use a mp3 player that is my intention. I guess if nothing else I can contact the site and ask them. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Halstaff, I shot the company an email and man I have to say that was the quickest response I have ever got back. About a 30 min turn around time I was told that you can plug a mp3 player into it but you needed some type of other antenna I guess for full range. I am waiting for a response and as soon as I hear something I'll let you know, (if you did not already know)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,441 Posts
Texas-T--At Christmas, I use one of these transmitters to send music from a CD player out into the yard so the cars can hear my Gemmy Light Show music over their radios. I also use a splitter to send the music to my Gemmy to make the lights flash in sync with the music.
This transmitter is really for sending your Ipod music to your car radio, but I get about 1/4 mile transmission out of it.
I got this one on E-bay years ago, but another member here ordered one like it last year and didn't get as much range out of his that I get.
It only cost a few bucks, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts