Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please oh Please feel free to share pics of your vintage goodness :) I know I am not the only one out there.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It seems the older I get, the more I love vintage Halloween, and the more I could kick myself for not holding onto everything I had as a child. Now I'm paying 10 times the price for pieces I threw out. Last year I did do one room in vintage. And I'm still picking up more, so maybe in the future I'll be able to do a few rooms. Again, as I'm getting older, I like the vintage better than the severed arms and screaming doormats. But alas, the camera last year wasn't working, and we didn't get to many Halloween pictures at all.

But I love your set up. It looks like you have a German black cat in your collection. And I like how you display things. I need to start paying attention on how people display their vintage. Always looking for ideas. Thanks for sharing.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,784 Posts
What are the little guys in the back? They're the cutest little blow molds I've ever seen! They look like Pogo.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems the older I get, the more I love vintage Halloween, and the more I could kick myself for not holding onto everything I had as a child. Now I'm paying 10 times the price for pieces I threw out. Last year I did do one room in vintage. And I'm still picking up more, so maybe in the future I'll be able to do a few rooms. Again, as I'm getting older, I like the vintage better than the severed arms and screaming doormats. But alas, the camera last year wasn't working, and we didn't get to many Halloween pictures at all.

But I love your set up. It looks like you have a German black cat in your collection. And I like how you display things. I need to start paying attention on how people display their vintage. Always looking for ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Scareme I know exactly how you feel. I once tossed out what I thought was a set of homemade Christmas candles only to later discover they were made by Noma in the early 50s and incredibly rare. Now I will most likely never find those OUCH. The cat I think you are talking about is the one over the Universal Monsters. That cat is actually a very early embossed Beistle from 1930s. He is one of my favorites in the collection. I would like to add some haunt cloth under the blow mold shelves once I find the right color this year I think that will add a nice touch.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW!!! looks great, the masks look cool on the wall.:D
Thank you BMC I couldn't fit it all this year and I have 4 Uhaul boxes full in the shop of more little blow molds, pails and also die cuts. I will actually use them throughout the whole house. I also didn't fill up my fireplace because 1) I plan on having fires this year and 2) My kids are now push toward 3 and anything on the ground they claim HAHAHA

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are the little guys in the back? They're the cutest little blow molds I've ever seen! They look like Pogo.

Those guys were made by Union in the 60s RCIAG and then later produced in the 90s in the Halloween colors you see in my picture. The 60s versions were for your garden and had a wood grain look to them. They were known as Jester Pepper, Princess Summer Squash and I forget the other two names. Basically garden bugs eating and wearing ones veges. They have different names in the Halloween colors. They are Twick, Tweet, Bert and Myrt. Made by Union Products. When I first bought them I didn't think they would ever be rare or sought after but recently saw the set sell on ebay for hundreds of bucks so I guess they proved me wrong :)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Wonderful! There are a number of items I remember from my childhood, too.
I have a set of "pumpkin shelves" that feature a number of retro-looking items, but they're just reproductions made within the last 20 years.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what it is all about for me the childhood memories!!! I store everything in my attic and we have many pieces that will still go out this year in our outdoor display. Our attic is brimmed but its so fun!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
This looks wonderful! So many neat items but what caught my eye was the haunted house (that lights up?) in the left corner of your fireplace pic. Gosh, I like that! :cool:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Love them, thank you for sharing! I wish I could find some pieces. I do occasionally on Craigslist, but they are either too expensive, or priced right and I'm just out of "Halloween cash" at that time. Sigh.

I'll just enjoy the pictures of your display :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I love the photos you post of your indoor decorations! Can you tell me a little more about the 3 ghosts that are sitting behind your Halloween blocks? They are each holding something different and you have them lined up in a row. I just love them!
Gris.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh my... these are fabulous! I especially like how many of them there are. Big groupings of similar items like this really look great, IMHO.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts