Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am a newbie. I think I look everywhere I can think of the site for something specific. I apologies if this has been asked before. This year I am making an open torso prop. I have an idea on how to make most of the body parts. What I am having troubles finding how to make the lungs. Preferably animated. Has anyone ever tried this or know where I can get ideas on how to make them? TIA

·
Registered
57 Posts
How much do you want to spend? BioQuest sells some preserved pig lungs for teaching purposes. They are fully functional, but they're around $175.

I might try making lung shapes from latex sheets and gluing them together to form a bag. Then paint them to look lung-ish. For the breathing effect, maybe mount a small rotating shaft with cams on it. Check out some of the 'breathing grave" props for ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to say that money is not and issue, long story short, it is this year. So I don't want to spend too much. I have to make my costume and my sons. I guess you can say we are "actors" in a haunted house in our town. We try to go as gory and real as we can. It is all free for the people that come, and all we do is collect food donation for the food bank. So everything we spend is from our pockets. This year is the 13th year they are doing this. So we really want to do something extra special. Thank you for your input... I will for sure check out "breathing grave".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts