Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
likes candy & razorblades
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This being the first time in a long time that i did much outside, ive really had it up awhile. LOL

today was breakdown day. :(

it has been raining and the Styrofoam tombstones were a bit wet and the creepy cloth was wet.

Ive dried the cloth and the other props with cloth, but is there something special i should to to keep the stones over the off season?

How do you guys store your props?

How do you store your costumes? I hesitate to put those in plastic, i have a steamer trunk im putting things in this year. its cedar inside but ill toss a few moth balls in there too. I used to keep them hanging in the closet but i need the space this year.

I dont like this part...taking down and putting away.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Costumes get hung on hangers in a closet. Putting plastic on them just helps keep dust off. We store our foam tombstones in the basement under the stairs. Masks are sored on styro wig heads or stuffed with plastic bags and stored in plastic bags. Most other props are kept in totes in a storage area. We've always tried to avoid putting anything in a place with temperature extremes like our attic. A lot of our stuff is over 10 years old and holding up quite well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My foam tombstones just get put in the rafters dried or not :D

Mask's go in a tote and stored in the basement.

Costumes just shoved, jammed, and stuffed into several totes :p and stored in the basement.

My latex larger props, 1/2 bodies, gargoyles, and the like just get covered in a plastic garbage bag. Mostly so the kids don't see them when they are in the basement and get the willies. Then placed on a shelf.

My pneumatic props with all solenoids and regulators also just go into the garage rafters.

I just finished my cleaning and storage today as well. Well, nearly still need to organize the basement a little more then were done.

-PB

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
My tomb stones dry off in the garage and then go into the shed, same for most of the rest of the strictly Halloween props any thing that can be used for Christmas is set aside and used again next month!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts