Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Nancy and I have always LOVED Halloween. Finally got a house to have fun with creating a cemetery etc... I don't know what kind of flood lights - size - watts -whatever to use for my cemetery. It's not a big one 12x12 (so far anyway). Please help!
Thanks Nancy

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with your question, but welcome to the forum! I think you'll enjoy it here. :)

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey NancyMay! Welcome to the forums. :)

Good that you're thinking about lighting already. It's a lot of it is trial an error. We used to use a lot of flood lights and we found that it kinda washed out the yard a fair bit. For a spooky haunt you want a bit of darkness.

If you're going with flood lights you might need only one or two for the whole graveyard, depending on placement and the shadows they cast.

There's tons of threads here on lighting in the props section, with lots of options so have a look around. You may not get a ton of answers in this welcome thread, but people here are pretty quick to help. :)

We bought a five of these led spotlights, which we like because the colour is more focused and more intense, and the yard turned out pretty good. We still needed some additional lighting. I think they also sold them online at Home Depot, but they may not have them in stock now that Halloween has passed.

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/gm-blue-led-strobe-spot-light/?w=led spotlight&UTM_campaign=Search:SC:led spotlight

(A lot of folks here like to use cool colours for much of the yard, and then have warm highlights like candles or lamps to sort of punctuate things.)

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. glad you could join us! :)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum , i used garden spotlights with 80 watt colored bulbs , 1 x blue , 1 x green , 1 x red and 1 x yellow as it was my first year with proper lighting and my yards nearly the same size as yours maybe a tad bigger , it looked great but i want to add a couple more try 2 or 3 see how it looks then add more if you need them , good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts