Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

I want to make a clear-ish silicone mold of a brain that will fit into a bucky skull. I'm planning to insert LEDs into it so it's like sparkly brain - I may make it pop up out of the skull an inch or two as well but one step at a time. I've searched around and have seen brains and buckys mentioned together from time to time but not always 100% sure they go together. I'm willing to make a mold from a brain insert (will be first time making one) if I can be sure it fits properly.

Thanks for any pointers for a noob...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting - - wonder if they would sell the brain separate as I don't need more skulls (or more correctly, don't want to spend more!). These are translucent so they may be OK as-is if the LEDs are bright enough. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I contacted Skeleton Factory and they indicated that the "Budget Brain Model" will indeed fit a regular Bucky skull and they confirmed mine fit the bill so that is good to know. I have gone ahead and ordered the brain mold for now since the other would be $100+Shipping. I have a Tap Plastics store (actually 4!) near me that carry a lot of the molding supplies so I'll try that first. Perhaps even make it a clear resin mold or something - who knows...

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just in case anyone else wants a brain for their Bucky skulls, the Budget Brain model mentioned in post 6 from Blarghity fits perfectly. I looked around a bit but it looks like S-F has the best price. It is really heavy and with the skull it weighs a ton!

Anyway - now I can look at making a mold from it. I got the brain mold as well - it's too large as-is but you could probably just partially fill it and it would work too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts