Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its coming together nicely. I'm half way there.There will be 3 mini tunnels on my backyard 1 acre trail with the flying reapers over head that are sensor activated. One of the story theme's here is these annoying guys that like to follow you around and hover above you like honey bees.You'll also notice I have my kicking legs prop in the front yard tree, gave him an upper body and he's in camo clothing.
KICKING LEGS HERE............
AS YOU CAN SEE HERE GOT A LOT MORE TO PUT OUT INCLUDING MY LITTLE CABIN AND BENCH I BUILT.
MY TALKING CLOWN AND DR. SKELLY BOUNCING ON THE TRAMPOLINE.
THIS IS CEDAR WOODS ENTRANCE LOOKING IN REVERSE.
ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE PESKY GUYS IN ONE OF THE MINI ARCHWAY TUNNEL,THIS ONE IS SNEAKY BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE CURTAINS NOT SEEING HIM ABOVE AS HE LIGHTS UP AND TALKS TO THEM.
WALK THROUGH VIDEO COMING NEXT AND MORE PICS BELOW TOO........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
310 Posts
Your so lucky to have a backyard like that. I would love to have a wooded trail to send people through on Halloween. Nice job!

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Hallow BOZ!! Very VERY cool tunnels and I am sooo envious that you have managed to get your set up so far along. Now this rain.... Yuck. My little trail is mud. Our house is now officially inside out with all the bins up from the basement. We will be renting a storage unit to empty out the garage. I can't believe we have to spend $$ on storage! LOL. If it rains like this on the Big Weekend - I think we will be glad to have the garage set up. Perhaps we should hand out umbrellas to the ToT'ers.

It is so fun to follow your progress. Keep the pics a comin'! BOO!

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Looking really good Buzz. I recognize a few things, LOL.

The clown on the trampoline with the bike up there is a great idea. Not sure how you stabilized it but it works nicely together. I really love your yard. What a great trail for the ToTers in your area. There's nothing to up the scare factor and anticipation like a trip to the woods in the dark. Your arbor guy is perfect and should give a good surprise. Do you set up for halloween night or do open your haunt earlier? I can't wait to see the video.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Howdy SB, thanks so much. Yeah I know what ya mean here I was right on time with our big party Oct. 17 (oh you are invited too) thinking my next big move would be to get the cabin on the trail and here comes the rain. Its kinda muddy back there in places now but it has good drainage, anyhow I had to update my web site with terrain information and stroller cautions (had a few last year) just to be safe. It drains well back there in the cedars but the bi green right-a-way gets a little soft......oh well they may need boots this year. Try to make out party if ya can....its a dry-run full dress rehearsal party for my actors and special guest 6-9 pm. Should be fun.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Howdy SB, thanks so much. Yeah I know what ya mean here I was right on time with our big party Oct. 17 (oh you are invited too) thinking my next big move would be to get the cabin on the trail and here comes the rain. Its kinda muddy back there in places now but it has good drainage, anyhow I had to update my web site with terrain information and stroller cautions (had a few last year) just to be safe. It drains well back there in the cedars but the bi green right-a-way gets a little soft......oh well they may need boots this year. Try to make out party if ya can....its a dry-run full dress rehearsal party for my actors and special guest 6-9 pm. Should be fun.
Would love to come up for the Dress rehearsal! But we are at a friends wedding that day :( BUT if it gets out in time - and we haven't had too much wine ;) we will scoot up to share the scare! Thanks for the invite! I love it that you have to give "stroller cautions!" hee hee

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking really good Buzz. I recognize a few things, LOL.

The clown on the trampoline with the bike up there is a great idea. Not sure how you stabilized it but it works nicely together. I really love your yard. What a great trail for the ToTers in your area. There's nothing to up the scare factor and anticipation like a trip to the woods in the dark. Your arbor guy is perfect and should give a good surprise. Do you set up for halloween night or do open your haunt earlier? I can't wait to see the video.
Thanks so much,You know most those props you have too....how funny huh ? Its a small world. Oh I had folks wanting to take a mini tour last weekend and I said not much up yet but come back this weekend and it should be further along.I'm actually a little behind,typically I am fully set by now and just spend the rest of the time tweaking the props and adding small stuff. I like to be 90% done by mid month for a party but this year with the bigger trail I will be only 75% completed. Yeah I got a new digital video camcorder and I'm so ready to use it but I'm waiting to get the cabin out to take you through it.On the back side and at the top is a striking snake that will strike as guest exit the cabin......oops dang I wasn't gonna disclose that in case HSB comes up.....;). At night back there its so awesome and creepy with the green spots and I'm even afraid to go back there..........not to mention the coyotes,raccoons and deer.When I do the video I'll shoot it in low light so that you can see well anuff. Oh and SUSIE....BOO YOU TOO !!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More pics

Would love to come up for the Dress rehearsal! But we are at a friends wedding that day :( BUT if it gets out in time - and we haven't had too much wine ;) we will scoot up to share the scare! Thanks for the invite! I love it that you have to give "stroller cautions!" hee hee
Ok sounds good and I think I have a real Bog back there now with this rain......:).........oh I still have to put up my big inflatable house too.Fogot to add my Headless Horsemen pic so I did below.....he's up too.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gar Shack is in the garden

Well after 3 months it finally see's daylight on the trail. Notice in the rear of shack the striking snake overhead will peck at guest unaware.........also have a remote soundbox and solar led lights inside. My talking sea worthy pirate will get install on the rear bench pvc pole with a poncho drape over him. I'm pleased with shack/cabin/hut or outhouse......; )........still not sure what to call it.
FRONT........................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
MORE NEW PICS BELOW..............>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[QUOTE="HallowSusieBoo, post: 752063, member: 28769"][COLOR="Plum"]Unh huh!! Caught you!! A "striking snake!"

Unh huh!! Caught you!! A "striking snake!" eh!!?! Man - we need to form a bus tour up to see Bozz's backyard bog! :D
Oh the big surprise for you and yours I have not disclosed yet ?!?! Another week and we should be fully set-up and awaiting your arrival.;)

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
. . . I'm pleased with shack/cabin/hut or outhouse......; )........still not sure what to call it.

Howzabout calling it

"The BEWARE BUNGALOW!?"

That snake!!! I would jump out of my skin if that thing moves! :eek:

VERY cool!
The only thing I can say is....

BOO!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Howzabout calling it

"The BEWARE BUNGALOW!?"

That snake!!! I would jump out of my skin if that thing moves! :eek:

VERY cool!
The only thing I can say is....

BOO!
Yeah it moves....hisses and rattles its tail after it strikes......it will peck you right on the head if you are 6' tall........very lightly that is .........if you say BOO !;)

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Bozz the yard looks terrific. I hope you get some dry weather before Halloween so that everything has a chance to dry out.

Curious how you're going to "mark" your path through the backyard. I'd love to do a yard haunt next year and wondered how people handle that aspect. Also what kind of lighting are you going to use on the signage on the gar shack (Enter at Your Own Risk, etc)? I assumed the solar is for the inside to see the gar.

It's great to see all your hard work paying off. I'm glad you're posting pics and I'm really going to love to see your video. Will you be able to shoot it at night in low light?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts