Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I haven't posted anything in MONTHS!...well, basically since last Halloween. We were so busy planning our wedding that I didn't make anything new, barely threw my display together in time for Halloween night. And while I was very disappointed about it, we just decided to make this year the best ever.

Well, apparently someone had other plans for us, we just didn't know it yet. Found out the end of March, we are expecting a baby, 5 days before Halloween none the less!! Now, this may be a common occurrence for those who just recently got married, but for us it was totally unexpected. We already have 3 adult kids and were totally focused on the idea of grand-babies! Wow, talk about overwhelmed!

As excited and happy as we are about this awesome new person that will be coming into our lives, I cannot help but be disappointed that Halloween will have to take a backseat again this year. I can't use a lot of the materials I typically do in my crafting due to fumes and such, plus, lets be honest...a big ole belly can be quite the challenge on it's own! :D To keep myself from being sad, I have tried to stay away from the forum knowing it would only make me envious, but I couldn't help myself and gave in tonight. Boy have I missed a LOT.....231 pages alone on the secret reaper post!!! I will probably never catch up, but I sure will have fun trying!

I've missed so many of you this past year and look forward to seeing what everyone has been doing. Keep posting lots of pics everyone because I'm hoarding ideas for next year!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
....and the other half which helped make this future haunter can't lift a hand and put something out. Your taking care of something special he can certainly work wonders outside and in. Crack the whip. See, you waited this long to post because you miss us. You have the itch. Make a plan to put something out which you can enjoy and have fun doing it. OH congrats on the new future Reaper. :D

·
Suburban Sorceress
753 Posts
Congratulations to you! Last year I was eight months pregnant for Halloween, so I sort of know how you feel. I still made a lot of props and threw our annual party, but I had my husband help me out WAY more than he usually does, and I invested in respirator mask!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Congrats! May not have the Halloween you hoped for but next year you'll have that extra motivation to get you going. (and for so many more years after)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats, I'll be posting pics of my Haunt later next Month, and Also Congrats as of this Posting to Have 333 Posts, Your Only Halfway There.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I totally feel ya! I have been swamped with so much stuff this year that I haven't been on in about as long as you and I missed the Reaper too this year. :(

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Whatever you do, do not try having the baby on Halloween. I have three relatives who were born on Halloween. Two of them are poster childs for the word creepy and all three have an utter and total lack of self control. All three are on different parts of the family tree that branched out three and four generations ago, so most of the family considers it some sort of Halloween curse rather than an issue of genetics or upbringing.

·
Registered
410 Posts
By all means, have the baby on Halloween! If that's when he/she comes! I just heard that scientists think there is a link between autism and having your labor induced early, yet another reason to "Don't mess with Mother Nature!" (commercial from the '70s, I'm old, I know.) :rolleyes:
Get the hubs to help, takes two to tango! I too, have been off the forum since last 'ween, but I'm making it my business to stay on all year now! Too many witty, talented, just plain laugh out loud folks on here! I refuse to miss out on the year-round shenanigans!
:)
P.S. My 'ween last year was the worst ever, but that is not stopping me this year! "One must go confidently in the direction of their dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thorough (Thoreau). LOL

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Congrats! And welcome back!

If it's any consolation, I won't be doing much of anything for Halloween either this year. I am having double hip replacements and won't be able to manage much more than sitting at the front door and handing out treats.

Even though I know my Halloween will be a major disappointment this year, reading this forum and seeing everybody else's progress really cheers me up. Hope it will do the same for you.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Congratulations!!!! What a lovely (albeit unexpected, clearly) surprise for you! My suggestion? Instead of worrying about a huge haunt, take the time with hubs and your older children to enjoy Halloween and this fall as relaxed as possible before life gets crazy again! (You already know how crazy life is with little ones) there will always be another Halloween that you can go all out for :) just enjoy the other aspects this year! (Other haunts, festivals, etc)

Also, can't remember who mentioned the autism link, but I just wanted to chime in that it's false. Inductions can lead to complications, but there is no link to autism. Sadly, there are NO known links to autism as of this date. Sorry to be a birth nut but I'm a doula so babies/pregnancy and birthing are one of my other addictions lol just wanted to clear that up for everyone! Sorry!

Back to your regularly scheduled message: CONGrATs!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ah congrats an the forthcoming little haunter. :) So, what part of AZ are you in? Do we need to send haunt fairies to your yard to help out?

·
Registered
185 Posts
congratulations!! hope all goes well for you.
And just do some halloween display this year but just be carefull making new things.
You can always go crazy next year on baby's first Halloween. ( makes a good excuse to overdue things than...lol) Have a baby's halloween birthday party.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts