Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the flea market/peddlers mall yesterday and found this huge skull with fangs that is 18 inches long and 10 inches wide. It is so cool and I put it above my fireplace and took a pic of it.
So for my Halloween party this would be in my living/tv room. How could I decorate the room with this awesome skull? My party has a theme to each room. The hallway spiders and egg and sacs. The bathroom will be bates motel and the kitchen a witchs kitchen.

Any ideas? Oh he was $20. And I am thinking of cutting a hole in his eyes and putting leds red ones in it!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Red LED's would look awesome but something tells me I will be thinking of the terminator when I see the silver with the red lights:) Could also use Blue LED's that would give it a more creepy look. Or....................................................................................

You could spray paint it glossy white, throw a hot pink boa around its neck, and put a glitzy blinged out crown on top its pretty little head:D Now that would be FABULOUS!!!! What????? not you???? Well that probably is really more me:rolleyes: Ok fine red LED's it is;) LOL! Great find Erin post pics when you decide what to do. Thought I still say boa and crown are the way to go:D

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
You can do ghosts, skelly's what ever you would like. I like to mix my decorations and dont really do a theme. I do like to make my props look fabulous though:) I say mix and match and do what makes you smile. If it makes you smile it will make your guest smile too!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Could drill a hole through it's mouth, insert a hose into it then into a submersible pump. Place the pump in the bottom of a punch bowl & fill it. Be used either as decoration or to actually fill glasses of punch with it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hmmm....what about a snake coming out of the mouth? Could be very chilling!....You could do kind of a dungeon room and this could be the focal piece over the mantel, surrounded by snakes, rats and chains!

I can just see it now...it'll look fabulous! :)

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Nice find! I like either the red or blue led's for eyes.

·
Registered
920 Posts
You could buy a grape vine wreath (Micheal's) and have the skull in the center of it. Buy a large one that will complement the size of the skull...then add webbing, black roses, tea-soaked cheese cloth, wrap a plastic snake down the side, some rats, etc...the possibilites are endless...it's really whatever you like. I actually made my own wreath for my front door. You can look at it to get the general idea. I would suggest you hang your skull in the center independantly of the wreath, since it's the most important item, and emblish with the wreath and other stuff to give it size and interest for your mantel.

Please go to my picture album for a look, I have a pic posted of it there....Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts