Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this awesome mask from a guy on Craigslist today. I was originally going to use it as a goblin to go along with a witch scene. I already started building a 4 foot pvc prop from the instructions I found on Spider Hill Prop Works website. The photo made the mask look much smaller...as you can see, it is quite large. Now I'm wondering if it's too big for a 4 ft. goblin. What do you guys think?

001.jpg

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
I also made a 4 foot goblin based on SHPW plans as well. Used a regular mask. I think this one will be really too overpowering. It's a great mask. do you have a coffin prop? A vampire figure would be pretty cool using this.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also made a 4 foot goblin based on SHPW plans as well. Used a regular mask. I think this one will be really too overpowering. It's a great mask. do you have a coffin prop? A vampire figure would be pretty cool using this.
Your goblin was my inspiration! I saw it and fell in love with him, you did a fantastic job, he's amazing! I just happened to find this mask that same evening and I thought the face would make a scary goblin. The pictures really made it look like a normal sized mask, I had no idea it would be THAT big. I don't have a coffin prop. This is the first year I'm building my own props,and I got a late start. I have my 4 ft. in the works,I'm working on a fortune teller with booth, and ideally I would like to make at least 2 6 ft. pvc builds as witches. I'm at a loss right now, I have no idea what to do with this giant mask!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Your goblin was my inspiration! I saw it and fell in love with him, you did a fantastic job, he's amazing! I just happened to find this mask that same evening and I thought the face would make a scary goblin. The pictures really made it look like a normal sized mask, I had no idea it would be THAT big. I don't have a coffin prop. This is the first year I'm building my own props,and I got a late start. I have my 4 ft. in the works,I'm working on a fortune teller with booth, and ideally I would like to make at least 2 6 ft. pvc builds as witches. I'm at a loss right now, I have no idea what to do with this giant mask!
It's an awesome mask. You could always try it on the goblin figure. It might look okay. Covering up part of the chest and exposing only the head itslef might look good. The chest portion can be hidden by fabric, etc.. The other thing to consider is that goblins can look like "anything" scary, so there are no hard fast rules. come to think of it, having the big head on a small body frame would look freakishly spooky!. Give it a try and see how the final product looks.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got this awesome mask from a guy on Craigslist today. I was originally going to use it as a goblin to go along with a witch scene. I already started building a 4 foot pvc prop from the instructions I found on Spider Hill Prop Works website. The photo made the mask look much smaller...as you can see, it is quite large. Now I'm wondering if it's too big for a 4 ft. goblin. What do you guys think?

View attachment 164729
I dont appreciate you showing off such a revealing picture of my wife! :D

lol...(shes gonna kill me if she reads this...haha)

Very cool mask, that would make a wicked tombstone jumper or to have it rise out of fog or a coffin...Using it with a strobelight and fog would bring it to life even more.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont appreciate you showing off such a revealing picture of my wife! :D

lol...(shes gonna kill me if she reads this...haha)

Very cool mask, that would make a wicked tombstone jumper or to have it rise out of fog or a coffin...Using it with a strobelight and fog would bring it to life even more.
Hahahaha!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey PLN - I got one of these a few years back and here is what I did with him.

Had an old table and added a 8' chuck of wood to one end of the table to give the table a slant.

Made a frame of PVC and added the mask and some hands to make the body, covered with black material.

Add some pneumatics for a pop-up scare and made a coffin from an old box and covered with red cloth.

Made a quick pic for reference....hope that gives you an idea?

PB

Vlad-table.jpg

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phantom Blue- Where did you get this mask from? The guy I bought it from told me he got it in Tennessee at a Halloween shop. I can't find anything like it online, the inside is marked with OT with a circle around it. I'm just curious.

·
Registered
505 Posts
PLN - I cant remember as of now and will do a little digging to try and find out where. I know it has been several years since I bought him, maybe 8-10?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts