Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regular 18$ and now for 9.97$. I just bought one two weeks ago for 18$. Now on sale. I bought two more since the first one was actually for a plant. I just picked up the submersible pump from HF today, so maybe one day I can do a rum drinking pirate with this. It's a completely sealed planter so it can hold water. I picture a costco skelly in the barrel tilting a bottle up. You guys know about the costco prices ending in .97cents right?
image.jpg

·
Registered
566 Posts
Danski, yeah these planters are great for a lot of props. I have bought them locally at Lowes and at Wal-Mart as well. They usually cost about $18.00. One thing I used them for was to make pirate barrels for my pirate ship using two of them put together. I also made a rum barrel for my run drinking pirate. There is a tutorial on how to make the barrels on my haunted forest website.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Danski, yeah these planters are great for a lot of props. I have bought them locally at Lowes and at Wal-Mart as well. They usually cost about $18.00. One thing I used them for was to make pirate barrels for my pirate ship using two of them put together. I also made a rum barrel for my run drinking pirate. There is a tutorial on how to make the barrels on my haunted forest website.
Thanks for that. I could definitely see two of these stacked on top of each other to make a full barrel. Will take a look at your how to. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm also considering a rum drinking pirate. I picture something along these lines. I can't help but send my wife back for two more so I can make a simple barrel that I can store stuff in while using it as a barrel and it's easy to pack up and put away.
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
668 Posts
Considering renewing my costco membership for the skellies and barrels now. I saw the same planter at lowes for $15, and have it on the list for a rum drinking pirate. Might have to reconsider costco.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah there pretty beefy little planters. If any thing I always still have some nice planters. That's a deal right there. Repurposed for the intended use later.

·
Registered
668 Posts
On a side note, danski, do you know if costco still carries the led mood lights? They came with a six light set up, and at my local store, they were in an aisle near the electronics. Think they were about $50 bucks. You could cycle through modes to determine how fast the color fade would cycle, pause on a color you want to hold steady, and had a function for sound activated flicker. I'm not sure on part number, but can grab a pic if it will help of the set I currently have.

·
Registered
668 Posts
image.jpg I bought my set like 4 years ago, but saw they still had them around this time last year. The pic I'll grab will be of the set I have so no package. I will grab a shot and edit this post with the pic.

Edit: I can't seem to locate the controller portion, but these are the light strips.

Edit#2: found power supply and controller. Brand name is "cyron"

image.jpg

The power brick is a 12v DC transformer, so it can be jumped and hooked to any 12 item, controller, or in a vehicle (which was my original use, but decided against it).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. Those look cool. It's a led light bar looking light. An item number would have been great to have but I can see if I can find anything out. If you saw them last year there's a good chance we can find out about these. I am surprised I never noticed them. I bought the sylvania led strips with remote. They weren't sound active though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
View attachment 202210 I bought my set like 4 years ago, but saw they still had them around this time last year. The pic I'll grab will be of the set I have so no package. I will grab a shot and edit this post with the pic.

Edit: I can't seem to locate the controller portion, but these are the light strips.

Edit#2: found power supply and controller. Brand name is "cyron"

View attachment 202211
Do you remember how much these were?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok. Were all those in one pack? How many were in each one? That may help also. Thanks

Oops got it. 6 pack. I will see what I can find out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Picked up my half barrel planters at Lowes for $15 each. May have to tag along with the wife to Costco on her next bulk buy shopping trip

1 - 20 of 35 Posts