Halloween Forum banner

Bottomless Pit - With a Twist

Electronic/Software: 
3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  redrom 
#1 ·
This guy uses a Motion Detector and a strobe light to create a "Flash Scare" in a bottomless Pit. LOVE it.

Bottomless Pit 2007

#2 ·
That is way cool!!!! I like the twist very sweet and original

I wonder if instead of 2 way plexi mirror for $35 + shipping if you could get your plexi, under $10 and window mirror tint from any auto parts store, Autozone, for under $10 if this would work as well. Don't know why it wouldn't....

-PB

#3 ·
You can use any reflective film on plexi for this effect. As long as the you can see through the backside. But I looked in this and the cost of the film and the plexi was so high. If you check around at the glass places you might can fins a 2x2 piece of 2 way mirror cheaper. And a 2x2 regular mirror is a easy find at Hot Line.

#4 ·
My 13 ry old daughter wants to build one of these after seeing one at our annual gathering. Although, I plan on using a hand held remote to trigger it, so that the scare is not as predictable....

I like the way he cut the skull in half and used the small strobe here to lessen the depth needed to hide whatever you're going to use for the fright.

#6 ·
Wow, very neat!! Thanks a lot...you've just added yet ANOTHER prop to my ever-ever growing list of wanna-do. LOL

-Doc

#7 ·
Built mine last year following that same basic design and used 1/8" Plexiglass sheets 24" by 36" and got the good mirrored window film from Home Depot (Gila brand 3ft x 15 ft roll about $20). I had some cheap automobile window tint and it was a pain to deal with....the Gila stuff was easy to apply and smoothed out nice...no wrinkles.
I saved about $30 over getting the two way plexi. Put a ladder in and a creature in the hidden chamber and it worked great.

Now I'd like to come up with a way to show an endless stream of skeletons climbing up the ladder.

^^^^ I think I am going to put a flat screen monitor in the hidden chamber with a video instead......then I can change the creature at will....

#9 ·
Built mine last year following that same basic design and used 1/8" Plexiglass sheets 24" by 36" and got the good mirrored window film from Home Depot (Gila brand 3ft x 15 ft roll about $20). I had some cheap automobile window tint and it was a pain to deal with....the Gila stuff was easy to apply and smoothed out nice...no wrinkles.
I saved about $30 over getting the two way plexi. Put a ladder in and a creature in the hidden chamber and it worked great.

Now I'd like to come up with a way to show an endless stream of skeletons climbing up the ladder.
I need to go to home depot then...the roll at Lowes (don't know the brand) was about $26.00

#8 ·
The real beauty of this is, it`s flexible; it doesn`t have to be a skull in there. So many people here are hung up on Themes. Personally, I don`t get it, but you can put anything you want in the Pit, a Vampire, a Clown, a Ghost, a Pirate. It`s and `Equal Opportunity` Prop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.