Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've mentioned previously, I found a great deal on some old busted up mannequins on Craigslist, and while I was looking for just one to redo our Jeepers Creepers Creeper I ended up with three extras. We decided to make a Pennywise out of one, and after seeing the Universal Studios official Karloff Mummy mask, I decided it looked so good we would do our first mummy.

So here he is...

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Ditto, the Classics are fading from memory in the younger generations...
Fabulous prop, under shadowy lighting, it will blow people away,

·
Registered
397 Posts
GREAT use of a mannequin. I'd love to have all the classic movie monsters as full size props in my basement year round.. how cool would that be?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really liked how he turned out. As I've told some folks who PM'd me about the paint, the wrappings looked HORRIBLE when I put the base coat of dark grey on. Most of them are just 20 rolls of 1" nylon surgical tape, which is pretty thin stuff. Then when I drybrushed the light grey perpendicular to the wrappings, and all the seams were contrasted by the dark grey, they popped and the whole figure just took on the appearance I was looking for.

I was glad Universal made the mask to give the appearance of the mummy in black & white. Made for a great effect when transferred to the whole body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts