Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
All found easier way to hack Boris the talking skull than what's on the net. I cut the microbone off and soldered a miny jack for an ear phone on to the end and then used a splitter or sometimes called a Y adapter and went right into a boombox with powered computer speakeakers bought from target for $9.99 to make Boris Talk and Speakers Sound really good. I found that you have to turn down the volume on the boombox for Boris and turn up the voulume on the computer speakers to make it work right , due to Boris's inturnals, Hope this helps.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I'd strongly recommend putting a capacitor in the Boris to prevent damaging your sound source. The microbone cable has about 4VDC on it, and could cause problems. After distilling all the various hacks for the Boris, I settled on this method:

http://www.johnnyspage.com/otaku_borishowto.htm

Easy to do and safe for the sound source. You use the 10K pot to adjust the jaw action, regardless of the volume.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Otaku, one of the things I left out was that I bought a capacitor from Radio Shack and soldered it, in between the positive wire.

·
Registered
13,981 Posts
Is there anymore talking through boris's out there to buy? Anyone have any luck finding one?

I decided to look a month or two ago before the halloween rush and bought two off of Ebay. Saw a few more listed but the auctions were shortly after mine, so long gone. Keep an eye out, you never know. From what I've read online, no one has found them this year in BigLots, where they were found last year. Kmart was selling them before but don't know how long ago.

·
Gramzie
981 Posts
I'd strongly recommend putting a capacitor in the Boris to prevent damaging your sound source. The microbone cable has about 4VDC on it, and could cause problems. After distilling all the various hacks for the Boris, I settled on this method:

http://www.johnnyspage.com/otaku_borishowto.htm

Easy to do and safe for the sound source. You use the 10K pot to adjust the jaw action, regardless of the volume.
Otaku do you still have the hack for the boris skulls it did not come up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts