Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was sitting there, painting my prosthetics the other night.

See, I'm having to make my own as none of the storebought ones have the look I need.

Anyhow, I get done, and I'm sitting there, staring at all this leftover paint I had mixed up. Waiting for my mother in law to show up. No point in getting in the middle of something else before that, so I just start painting my free hand.

Then, as long as it's painted, let's play with some of this...

Then it needs some of that...

unfortunately, my tube of fake blood had dried up...

My mother in law came by shortly after I took the picture to have a look at the setup so far.

"What's wrong with your.....oh."

lol.

Anyway. Anyone else just start messing around with stuff when they're sitting with not much to do?

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I get little things done, like cutting up foam, but I can't start anything if I only have a few minutes because then I won't want to quit.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Nope really cant afford to play around with latex and make up supplies fake blood ect. I have already spent over 200 plus shipping in make up supplies alone for this season. Theres just enough as it is if i start messing around with it i wont have enough for the big night. :) MAN! did i mention i hate shipping...:mad:

·
Super Moderator
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The makeup had already been mixed and I had nowhere to store it, so it wasn't so much a waste. The latex was going a bit far, but since it had been 15 years since I had touched the stuff (for makeup), this was as much shaking off any rust as it was anything else.

That is one thing about it...hard to find stuff, I had to ship it in too. :(

The big stores only sell latex inside the big kits. The only thing you can buy seperate is spirit gum (which I hate, but that's a whole other topic). Back when I was a teenager and using it every year, it was EVERYWHERE. Grocery stores, party stores, everywhere. Now, NO ONE had it. (one local store got some in AFTER I had already placed my order, and specifically because I had asked about it)

Now, nowhere to be found. So, I bought some extra just to get back into the swing with, check my son for allergies, and figuring on some waste.

Same with nose putty. Can't find it anywhere. Had to use that wax stuff, which is more difficult for me to work with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts