Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just talking to Saki about Britta Petersons Eerie Elegance and Enhanced Eerie Elegance books and that got me thinking, What are your favorite How to books? In the off season I love to have books to look at for inspiration. Although Eerie Elegance 1 is more for party beginners (in my opinion) it still has useful info. I found Enhanced Eerie Elegance had more projects for me in it.

I love to watch the HGTV Halloween Block Party shows and was wondering if you guys know of any cool DVD's?

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
I love the How to haunt your house books, the DC cemetery prop builders books to name a couple. Also get a lot of inspiration from movies and scary picture surfing on the net.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's been a while since I checked out any how to books, other than your basic handyman type books. So it looks like I need to take some time and see what's out there now. However this past halloween the subject came up "what turned you into such a halloween nutcase" well I traced it all back to a book by Alan Ormsby, Movie Monsters. I got so nostalgic that I looked it up and found a copy then made sure my wife understood that's what I would like for Christmas, and lucky me she actually listened and I now own my own copy. With this book I made my first diy costume and won my 3rd grade costume contest, I was Frankenstein. After that it was a straight shot to the psycho I am today.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I tore through this book cover to cover and checked it out of the school library at least 4 times. As I was reading it some 37 years later I find that the final page is still very relevant event today.
image.jpg
Sorry if some of the pics show sideways, for some reason if I take them with my phone they seem to post sideways and I usually don't see it until I'm done.

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mejess68- I just love your story. I love hearing how everyone turned, haha... Ill def check out your book. Im picturing little you making your costume and having so much pride then winning anything in the contest must have been fuel to the fire, and Halloween Jess was born. Great story, makes me smile.

Rumsfield- thanks for the links, I always love when links are included :)

I just found a link on the how to haunt your house web page that looks pretty cool. Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone, I hope this thread keeps going. There is lots of inspiration out there waiting to be discovered. Of course im always on pinterest for inspiration but theres just something about books that I just love.

http://www.sacandco.net/story.aspx?storyid=156597

1 - 5 of 5 Posts