Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

hoping someone can help me out. I will explain - I was going to print out spell pages and add to a hard back book I bought in charity shop and covered in tissue paper to look old, however this idea didn't work as it made the book too thick to close etc. SO, I have made the book using an online company and paid for it to be printed - it looks great. HOWEVER, the cover is flimsy and new looking - I still want the hard back covers from the book I bought. How can I add the pre-printed book to the hard back cover I have?

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Really easy to do, as long as the printed book is the same size or smaller than the hardback book. Open up the hardback book, and you'll see paper glued to the inside of the front cover - this is an endsheet, there should be one in the front and one in the back, and they are both connected to the textblock, which is the pages of the book. Go down to the place where the endsheet joins the cover to the textblock and you'll see that it makes a little loose paper hinge. Use a utility knife to cut along that hinge in the front and in the back. That will detach the textblock from the cover, leaving you with an intact hard cover. Then use glue or double-sided tape to fasten the front and back covers of your paperback book into the hard cover exactly the same way the endsheets were attached - be sure you leave that little hinge area unglued between them or the book won't open right and might tear.

If the endsheets are pretty and you want to keep them, just detach the endsheet from the textblock instead of cutting the hinge, then glue the endsheets to the covers of the paperback instead.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really easy to do, as long as the printed book is the same size or smaller than the hardback book. Open up the hardback book, and you'll see paper glued to the inside of the front cover - this is an endsheet, there should be one in the front and one in the back, and they are both connected to the textblock, which is the pages of the book. Go down to the place where the endsheet joins the cover to the textblock and you'll see that it makes a little loose paper hinge. Use a utility knife to cut along that hinge in the front and in the back. That will detach the textblock from the cover, leaving you with an intact hard cover. Then use glue or double-sided tape to fasten the front and back covers of your paperback book into the hard cover exactly the same way the endsheets were attached - be sure you leave that little hinge area unglued between them or the book won't open right and might tear.

If the endsheets are pretty and you want to keep them, just detach the endsheet from the textblock instead of cutting the hinge, then glue the endsheets to the covers of the paperback instead.

Hope that helps!

Will have to see how I go as the original book and pages including the end sheets have already been removed and the cover of the book was paper mached to look old. I 'm hoping I can follow the rest to sort it. fingers crossed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts