Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. I need your help.

In my backyard haunt this year we're going with a haunted bed and breakfast theme. Various rooms associated with a nights stay at a B&B that goes horribly wrong. lol. For my last scare I wanted to create a fake bedroom scene in my garage. My neice will be dressed as little girl and start looking for her lost cat (sound effect only). Her little brother will be in the bed saying "Don't look under the bed" and of course she will. Thats when things go wrong. :)

Years ago I saw YouTube or Halloween Show on cable that showed a bedroom interior gag in which a little girl gets sucked under the bed REALLLLLLLY fast. It was so simple but so scary!! For inspiration for my scare actors I've been looking on line for days for that video and I can't seem to find the inspriration.

Does anyone recall this video or a simar gag and can direct me to it? We'll be changing up the idea of course but I loved how you never saw the boogieman... she just got sucked under the bed.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side note: I'm calling it a "boogieman" under the bed but it may have been something else all together. If I recall, the video did not have audio.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Never seen the video- but if I had to do that effect, I'd get a simple garage creeper dolly for live actors. A cable can rigged to pull in a dummy (I'd put down guide tracks) - or an actor can pull themselves under.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I remember that video. We talked about it here or on another forum. I remember thinking it would be hard on the actor doing that a couple of hundred times a night.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boo Who?: At first we thought about using a skateboard or a mechanic's board but the actor will be jumping out of bed so positioning herself on the creeper would be seen by the audience. If it was done on the far side of the bed away from the viewers it wouldn't look right. :( Screaming Demons: Glad it was talked about here. If you saw it maybe someone else did too. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the end we decided to make a large board on small wheels (the board will be the size of the bed itself) and when the actor jumpes off the bed onto a it, a hidden helper will pull the entire assemply under the bed. When it's dark it shouldn't be so obvious that the floor moved. Resetting this 100 times a night could be probamatic but we'll see. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts