Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is Boo Crew on Church Street?
Boo Crew does an amazing "home" LOL haunt in a residential area of San Jose every year thanks to the hard work of volunteers. I say home in quotes as it's pretty much not like most home haunts you've ever seen with towering facades and a fabulous walk thru experience rich in details. They don't have an admission charge but they will be collecting food for Second Harvest Food bank and appreciate donations. The Church of the Chimes Youth Group will be selling food both days and will be collecting Warm Coats for foster kids in the area. Porta Potties are across the street.

This year's haunt has been in the works for a while now. Teaser photos on their fb site. https://www.facebook.com/HauntedHouseChurchDr/

Hours this year:
Thurs. October 31 & Fri. November 1 - 4:30pm - 6:00pm No Scare Zone for small kids
6:30pm - 10:30pm Scare Zone

If you can't make the haunt dates, they indicated to someone on the site that "we will be having walk thrus on Saturday 11/2, just no actors, but there will be people to chat with !" They likely will be working on starting to disassemble it starting Saturday. Still amazing to see and worth the trip!

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had to bag our haunt this year but looking forward to going tonight to Boo Crew on Church Street's! .....HAUNTED CARNIVAL! and it looks r-e-a-l-l-y cool!!!.....My husband looked at their fb page and said he's probably never seen a pumpkin that big! Yep, the Boo Crew does things in a Big Way. And love the photo of the Dead Dipper ride, looks like one of those wooden rollercoasters--wonder if there's a working rollercoaster up there?--probably knowing them. Carnival games. Should get lots of photos and ideas for this theme for my own carnival one year.

If you live in the San Jose, CA area, they are open tonight (early hours for No Scares for little kids) and Friday night. They will be taking down sets on Saturday but still worth a look at what they did if that's your only opportunity to see it.

Check out their fb site for their photos of the above. https://www.facebook.com/HauntedHouseChurchDr/ Look under "Posts" if you don't see them--fb has a way of making it not obvious you can see the thread and content without joining and logging in...but you can.

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From Halloween Night. This was their 10th year delighting the neighborhood. 37 photos.

After managing to find parking a couple blocks over and after dropping off food donations for Second Harvest, we find our way to the end of the line, which there always is one! Fun to watch for people’s costumes while passing the time.

The Game booths are the first thing you pass to get to the entrance.

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A close up of the booths, because I know your curious what they did: ring toss, shooting gallery and knock em over.

And then you see the Boo Crew Dead Dipper rollercoaster and the huge pumpkin face (so cool and so large).

You pass a number of performers along the way. This snake guy would crack the whip periodically.

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always admired people who could walk on stilts!

When it’s your turn you get to stop at the ticket booth and take a ticket. Assume this gives them a head count.

The carnival shoots off dual colored lit smoke plumes, very cool too.

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Wow 10 years of amazing construction work and a cool different theme every year.

More views before you enter.

Once inside here’s one of the things confronting you.

Next we visit the Psychic.

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And then on to the clown performers in the Black light tent area.

And then a diversion!

Got me at this one when I was trying to get a pic of this guy and not aware of my surroundings! Then on to wardrobe. Sorry not the best photo as the flash went offcand overexposed while I tried to digitally adjust afterwards.

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You then enter a mirror like passage. Ceiling looked like crumpled mylar maybe.

On to the next area, a vortex tunnel. This was really cool and the LED lights gave off a nice rotating effect.

At the end was the endless mirror.

And time for the Side Show acts!

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A look up at the Boo Crew Dead Dipper rollercoaster track.

And out we go back into the real world and a line of people waiting to get in.

On the way out took this last photo to show there are people’s home behind the facade. This is a neighbor’s, while the house next door is completely surrounded by the carnival.

The End! ...until next year. Happy Halloween.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts