Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
yes i saw that it was posted last year , so sad this haunt was so cool and such creativity , but like the guy said neibourghs complained about the noise and many haunts closed around because of that , geez it is one month a year and for kids ...... and i saw the items listed on ebay , some things went for cheap too , lucky people that got them ......thanks for re posting the video , the newer members that didnt see it will enjoy that one for sure :)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Boney Island is no longer operating put the video is full of great ideas. If you haven't seen this video it is worth watching.

YouTube - Boney Island Yard Haunt 2007
Yeah, I saw this already but I watched it again :D....If someone posts it next week, I'll probably watch it then too :D :D....Can't ever get enough of ole Boney Island....I would've loved to have seen this in person....Kind of sad...I get the same feeling when I look at pics and videos of all the dark rides no longer in operation....ZR

·
Registered
190 Posts
Rick is a member of our group Cal Haunts and as I haven't talked to him as much as others in our group I will tell you that even though his haunt was great, and it was, if I was his neighbor I might have had enough as well. It's one thing to have a shiteload of people over on one Halloween night, but his haunt had grown so popular that the numbers of visitors was staggering. Last I heard it was around 13,000 during it's run! There was really no choice for him but to shut it down. With as crazy as it would get at his intersection with the cars and people all about, as a neighbor, he did the right thing in respect to his fellow home owners. As a haunter it's obviously a loss but if you got a chance to see it in person, like I did, it's a memory that will last forever and I'm grateful for that.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
thanks for the video madame, i don't remember seeing it last year. he had an awesome set up, to bad he closed it down. but it would have been a lot of work and up keep every year. my haunt isn't even a smidgeon to that and it takes a lot of time, effort, and money. the ones who got to see it in person will have a good memory. you were right, there are some awesome ideas there.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The question of what hapened to the version with the music? Probably something to do with the legal rights to that music.
Students can, I guess, use copyrighted music in their assignment videos and this is what some students did making their scholarship and prize winning videos of my house but then those videos were of little use to me because of the copywritten music accompanyments in it.
As far as HG/TV goes, they might be showing that video in France next year!
The HG/Tv show "Extreme Homes" filmed me here in The Ravens Grin Inn and that was shown all around this country and in Europe with my voice dubbed in French!
Watching the Boney Island video tickled my brain and made me smile, loved it!!!

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
It's been a while, so I'll ask again: Does anyone have the video of Boney Island in 2000, set to This Is Halloween?
I saw it a few years back and really want to watch it again. I believe it was a streaming real player video. I've found it referenced here and here, but the links on both sites do not work. So, if anyone happened to save it on their computer, please let me know :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
O I agree!! very sad to see him taking it down! What has this world come to!

yes i saw that it was posted last year , so sad this haunt was so cool and such creativity , but like the guy said neibourghs complained about the noise and many haunts closed around because of that , geez it is one month a year and for kids ...... and i saw the items listed on ebay , some things went for cheap too , lucky people that got them ......thanks for re posting the video , the newer members that didnt see it will enjoy that one for sure :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
You'll all be glad to know Boney Island is returning this year! They are starting from scratch with a new theme, but it will be done with similar style and humor. The new theme is Halloween Magic, and there will be a lot of skeleton magicians performing various magic tricks, there will be flying carpets on the roof, and a water show involving cauldrons that spurt into the air, and singing pumpkins in the tree branches--oh, and all of it very humorous of course!
There won't be a Whirl 'n Hurl or any of the old carnival-type scenes, as they auctioned all of those on eBay in 2007, but the new Magic show will be lots of fun. Rick gave me a behind-the-scenes tour recently, and has all kinds of wonderful magic show posters blown up and printed as backdrops to the scenes.
The return of Boney Island became possible because the neighbors that complained moved away- YAY! Yay for crabby neighbors that move away! :)

Check it out at boneyisland dot com and see the August 27th post on my blog. I'll have more pictures after opening day Oct 21st.

·
Defender of Blucky Honor
1,051 Posts
I seen that and just love the creativity. I even made my own "tribute" to it by copying a display he had, name and all. The tombstone reads "From Boney Island" and that dates it ran.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts