Halloween Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1005 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Impy, sunny today, tomorrow too, then rain returns. Got in a good walk and some sun this afternoon.

Went into the office briefly today to add a few Halloween decorations along the walk way adjacent to my cubicle. Am still enjoying my fall decor display. But looking at my Halloween decorations the other night, realized I could put up a few Halloween themed items from this year's finds. Forgot camera, so will post a few pics next week.

Opened my Boney Baby package today. It's a really nice one. Just waiting for my two additional Yankee Candle shipments now.

I hope you and everyone else posts pictures here this year!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Received the rest of the Boney Bunch on Friday and today. With exception of broken arms on the Boney Swings piece, others arrived in good condition. Which one would you choose? Pictured are Boney Appetite, Boney Dunk Tank, Boney Ice Cream - (also found a clear glass jar/vase that I'm going to fill with black polished stones for my Back to Classics jar shade)...

Click on first picture to scroll through all in a larger size...

I thought gray wasn't used this year, but I see now that the bowl is gray.

Plant Vertebrate Toy Orange Lawn ornament Toy Plant Orange Lawn ornament Art Toy Orange Lawn ornament Hat Art

I love the detail of the fish swimming in the tank!

Mammal Font Tableware Public space Drinkware Water Drinkware Drink Liquid Rectangle White Orange Drinkware Fire hydrant Motor vehicle

The umbrella really adds to this piece. I like the use of metal with this year's Boney Bunch collection.

Wheel Tire Bicycle Motor vehicle Product Plant White Product Umbrella Lawn ornament Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Product Vehicle

My preferred front view of the jar shade...

Drinkware Liquid Plant Botany Water

Happy to have the entire collection here. Not sure what I'm going to do with the extras. If anyone needs one of them, let me know. :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #984 ·
Grandma lise - I like number 1 on all three of the boney's, They are really cute. I love your idea of using that clear glass jar for your shade. It will look so spooky with the black stones. So happy that you have the entire collection.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Starting to think about how to display them. Back drop likely will be the Target Ferris wheel from last year and the huge black tree I found a few weeks ago. Might use the orange cotton table cloth I found recently, but my coffee table may not be big enough!

Honestly though, not likely to happen this year. Really busy doing other things this year. Will see...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Took some quick pictures of my Fall Halloween display at work (and forgot to take pictures of the walkway adjacent to my cubicle). This display was inspired by the "Hey There Pumpkin" artwork from Michaels. My dad called me that when I was a little girl. That led to getting the orange truck, and the birds and pumpkins from Target this year. My uncle and aunt, much of my family actually, are bird watchers. Artwork in the background is from this year's Susan Winget Calendar. Incredibly, I found a Susan Winget Halloween decoration at a thrift store early in the season. That was a happy find. Garlands were from HomeGoods. The Owl and Black Cat/Jack-o-Lantern mugs were from Kohls. Will share a few more pictures tomorrow. Am slammed at work so keeping decor simple this year. In the background is my collection of various containers that hold my office supplies - (paperclips, binder clips, rubber bands, etc). The lit garland was from Target last year. I keep it out year round. Will post one or two more pictures tomorrow. :)

Edited to add... Just added the picture I took today of the display I created for the walkway. Going to trade the bats for rats in a week or so. Ordered them tonight...he he he...

Window Building Picture frame Lamp Glass Wood Gas Metal Fashion accessory Basket World Textile Lighting Christmas ornament Bird Black Font Gas Art Handwriting Picture frame Toy Orange Interior design Yellow Computer Personal computer Peripheral Computer keyboard Table Tire Vehicle Wheel Product Motor vehicle

Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers

·
Registered
521 Posts
Took some quick pictures of my Fall Halloween display at work (and forgot to take pictures of the walkway adjacent to my cubicle). This display was inspired by the "Hey There Pumpkin" artwork from Michaels. My dad called me that when I was a little girl. That led to getting the orange truck, and the birds and pumpkins from Target this year. My uncle and aunt, much of my family actually, are bird watchers. Artwork in the background is from this year's Susan Winget Calendar. Incredibly, I found a Susan Winget Halloween decoration at a thrift store early in the season. That was a happy find. Garlands were from HomeGoods. The Owl and Black Cat/Jack-o-Lantern mugs were from Kohls. Will share a few more pictures tomorrow. Am slammed at work so keeping decor simple this year. In the background is my collection of various containers that hold my office supplies - (paperclips, binder clips, rubber bands, etc). The lit garland was from Target last year. I keep it out year round. Will post one or two more pictures tomorrow. :)

View attachment 754642 View attachment 754643 View attachment 754644 View attachment 754645 View attachment 754646 View attachment 754647 View attachment 754648
Great displays! Love the pumpkin truck area with the birdies! That monster rock is awesome too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #988 ·

View attachment 754642 View attachment 754643 View attachment 754644 View attachment 754645 View attachment 754646 View attachment 754647 View attachment 754648
Oh my goodness grandma lise -I love how you decorated your cubicle this year. I especially love the owl in the back of the truck. He looks like Sherlock Holmes. So darn cute. Love the pumpkin/cat mugs too. I'm still working on my little home displays. I'll post pictures once I have them together.

Thanks for sharing your pictures/ideas with us.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Thanks kristinms8 and ScareyCarrie! The bird does have a Sherlock Holmes look to him, you're right. Hadn't noticed that ScareyCarrie! Yet another reason to like him. kristinms8, that painted rock was a thrift store find. I love him so much. He keeps me company at work. :)

Added one picture to yesterday's post tonight.

Really, really looking forward to seeing your displays too. Please, please, please post pictures!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #991 ·
Thanks kristinms8 and ScareyCarrie! The bird does have a Sherlock Holmes look to him, you're right. Hadn't noticed that ScareyCarrie! Yet another reason to like him. kristinms8, that painted rock was a thrift store find. I love him so much. He keeps me company at work. :)

Added one picture to yesterday's post tonight.

Really, really looking forward to seeing your displays too. Please, please, please post pictures!
Love the cat - he is very aristocratic......OR....ARISTOCATIC. 😻

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Oh ScareyCarrie, the multi-color tea light is perfect for this year's wax warmer. Now I wish I'd gotten one. I really like the artwork. I really missed out on that collection! And that jack-o-lantern is so sweet. Is he new or old? I'd love to have one like it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #994 ·
Thanks grandma lise - I think this years Haunted House collection was fabulous. I picked up all but the jar shade. I'm sure you could pick up a wax warmer on Ebay or Mercari for a decent price. Since you like bats you would love this piece. As far as the pumpkin, he is an older piece that is really a votive/tealight holder himself. I love his expression. Hope you're having a good evening.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Oh yay ScareyCarrie! Am loving Hoot Gravely. He has such a presence, doesn't he? And the bat lights, the Boney's peeking out of Sophia's cauldrons! Love seeing your mug collection each year. And you kept the water tower! I love that piece so much! So, so fun!

I still have and come across that backdrop that you use for your displays. The barn and the trees are so perfect for your display! Thank you for showing your display lit and unlit.

I spent some time this afternoon on Ebay looking for your jack-o-lantern. Didn't find it but I never know what I'll find next in the thrift stores. Some day...I'll know it if and when I see it! Russ used to make pieces like that, but that was decades ago...

17 days to go until Halloween!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
ScareyCarrie, you're right, I really did want those tea light holders so got some tonight. Thanks for the reminder. The hanging jack-o-lanterns kind of freak me out but I really like the trees and the bats, also the yellow/orange glow from the windows. Of all the things I collect from YC, I use the tealight holders the most. I'm definitely done for the year.

It's really nice that your wax warmer isn't electric. Depending on how you display it, it can double as a hurricane.

Drinkware Light Candle holder Lighting Candle

Your jack-o-lantern's expression reminds me of our boys when they were young and everything was always so new and exciting for them, especially as we transitioned from summer to fall. :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #998 ·
Thank you GL. I do love how Hoot is front and center of my display. I am so happy that I acquired him this year. He is one of my favorites. I recently purchased the backdrop and I love it, and I am glad to hear that you own it as well. I'll take a picture of the other backdrop that hangs in my living room. Love that one too.

My Sophia's are making me so happy......but, not for the little boney's who are in their pots. 😄 I always put out the Department 56 Pumpkin water tower as it is one of my most favorite Halloween pieces, and it can be used in many displays.

I am attaching a picture of the backdrop in my living room, and my decorated cupboard in my kitchen.
World Street light Font Art Building

Brown Orange Black Musical instrument Door

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
ScareyCarrie. I love the warmth of your home, and vintage decor. Those pumpkin lights cast of a bit of a glow on your backdrop. It's so wonderfully creepy... Where did you find the backdrop? I learn from you all the time. Hoping, hoping more forum members post pics of their Halloween decorating this year. I so enjoy seeing what members collect and how they display it.

Did Boneybunch15 sell her entire collection or just some of it? I recall her decorating multiple rooms of her home with the Boney Bunch.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The cool part about being part of the "Boney Bunch" is that they're already dead, so they're probably enjoying all the attention they're getting popping in and out of Sophia's cauldrons. ;)

My co-worker displays the Flying Witch each year in her cubicle. She places the black cat jar clinger inside the votive holder. So adorable. Haven't seen RavenLily here for a while. Do you think she's still decorating? I wonder if she's still back collecting everything she needs for this year's display.

981 - 1000 of 1005 Posts