Halloween Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1005 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
It's only part of the charm if you find it charming, ebay-seller. :p I hope your replacement(s) are wonderful as that umbrella deserves to be properly loved, dangit.
So true Impy!

I can't believe it. SIX co-workers other than me decorated their work areas this year! Two for Fall, four for Halloween.

When I get my backlog of filing caught up, I'll post pictures of my cubicle decorated for Fall. Kept finding things that reminded me of my family growing up. Will be leaving it up through Thanksgiving. Hoping to put up a small Halloween display at the house this year, but likely will be a few weeks before I get that far.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's displays year. It's officially October tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #964 ·
Soooooo Witchy Sophia finally arrived today. She was in her own product box so the mystery continues. But she's here!
She is so cute. Was she part of an order with other items, or was she the only thing you ordered? I ordered her with a couple other pieces. I received the other pieces, but not Sophia. She is supposed to arrive on Monday. I'll be curious to see if she arrives in her own product box, or wrapped from a store.

·
Registered
232 Posts
She is so cute. Was she part of an order with other items, or was she the only thing you ordered? I ordered her with a couple other pieces. I received the other pieces, but not Sophia. She is supposed to arrive on Monday. I'll be curious to see if she arrives in her own product box, or wrapped from a store.
She is! I'm glad I kept trying though I do wish it had been a simple launch that didn't require stalking the site at all hours in hopes that this would be the order that went through. Witchy Sophia was ordered by herself. In an effort to get her previously, I'd made an order with ninja!reaper Sophia and wound up accidentally ordering two (it took so long to ship them that I was sure the whole order would be cancelled, but after cancelling that Witchy, they shipped the other Sophias. In separate boxes. But all three were in their own product boxes, shipped from Ohio. Luckily I know two people who will love a Sophia so my quartet will be down to a pair soon. Hopefully the cuteness will help offset some of the ugh of the year for them.

I hope you get yours safe & sound soon, ScareyCarrie!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Soooooo Witchy Sophia finally arrived today. She was in her own product box so the mystery continues. But she's here!
Yay happy you finally snagged her. Probably good too since it seems like they are winding down on Halloween and we may not see her again.

scareycarrie I hope yours comes on Monday as well! I actually ordered the reaper online for my friend who is a black cat lover since I had gotten the witchy one in store. She came in her own box as well. Everything I ordered online did for some reason.

Happy October everyone!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #968 ·
She is! I'm glad I kept trying though I do wish it had been a simple launch that didn't require stalking the site at all hours in hopes that this would be the order that went through. Witchy Sophia was ordered by herself. In an effort to get her previously, I'd made an order with ninja!reaper Sophia and wound up accidentally ordering two (it took so long to ship them that I was sure the whole order would be cancelled, but after cancelling that Witchy, they shipped the other Sophias. In separate boxes. But all three were in their own product boxes, shipped from Ohio. Luckily I know two people who will love a Sophia so my quartet will be down to a pair soon. Hopefully the cuteness will help offset some of the ugh of the year for them.

I hope you get yours safe & sound soon, ScareyCarrie!
Thank you Impy. So glad you received yours safe and sound.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #969 ·
Yay happy you finally snagged her. Probably good too since it seems like they are winding down on Halloween and we may not see her again.

scareycarrie I hope yours comes on Monday as well! I actually ordered the reaper online for my friend who is a black cat lover since I had gotten the witchy one in store. She came in her own box as well. Everything I ordered online did for some reason.

Happy October everyone!
Thanks so much. I hope she arrives as promised, and in one piece, whether she comes in her own box or from a store. I'll keep you guys posted when (if) she arrives.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
And here are the two pieces I back collected this year: 2020 Boney Hospital and 2011 Chain saw.

It would be fun to decorate the house with the 2020 collection. I'd love to see it lit at night. Will see how far I get this year.

Plant Tree Clock Rolling Train
Yellow Wood Tree Motor vehicle Art

Funny how he's resting his foot on the jack-o-lantern.

Plant Hat Musical instrument Calabaza Pumpkin

Three more packages to go. 2018 Boney Boy from Mercari and two from Yankee Candle sometime in the next week or two.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #972 ·
GL - I love the back to classics jar shade. The orange is so vibrant and I love the creepy monsters on it. So happy you were able to pick up that hospital piece from last year. I think it would be fun to display all of your 2020 pieces, and to see them at night with tealights/votives. I remember we all picked up those Youngerbaby votives from Amazon. I use them all the time. I love that they are on a timer too. Love the details of the chainsaw boney. Glad you pointed out the foot on the pumpkin. That makes it so adorable.

Have you ordered from Mercari before? If so, how was your experience with them? Just wondering as I haven't ordered anything from them.......yet.

Hope all of your remaining items arrive safely. Have a good evening.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
ScareCarrie, this is my first time ordering from Mercari. Looks like they send automated messages to keep things on track. The seller delayed shipping and the system sent her a reminder to ship. Their system won't accept my complete shipping address but that appears increasingly to be a universal problem.

I keep forgetting about those Youngerbaby ivory battery operated tea lights we all got that one year. Need to dig them out. They're so nice!

I lit the jar shade last night. I've decided I like it best when I can see the spooky tree, cat, and a few of the trick-o-treaters. It has a really lovely glow. Had to buy it on Ebay but so worth it. I love it's classic style. Particularly the skeleton trailing behind the other trick-o-treaters in a tux w/tails holding his top hat.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #974 ·
ScareCarrie, this is my first time ordering from Mercari. Looks like they send automated messages to keep things on track. The seller delayed shipping and the system sent her a reminder to ship. Their system won't accept my complete shipping address but that appears increasingly to be a universal problem.

I keep forgetting about those Youngerbaby ivory battery operated tea lights we all got that one year. Need to dig them out. They're so nice!

I lit the jar shade last night. I've decided I like it best when I can see the spooky tree, cat, and a few of the trick-o-treaters. It has a really lovely glow. Had to buy it on Ebay but so worth it. I love it's classic style. Particularly the skeleton trailing behind the other trick-o-treaters in a tux w/tails holding his top hat.
That shade sounds so festive. I purchase many things on Ebay, and probably pay more than I should, but, like you, it is so worth it when you receive an item you've been wanting. I use those Youngerbaby tealights in my display. I love that they are on a timer, and the glow is amazing at night. I hope you can find them.

Sounds like Mercari is good at reminding sellers to ship purchased items. Please let us know how the item is when you receive it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
YAY! That's great news ScareyCarrie! The Sophia pieces are really nice this year. Glad you and a few others here were able to get both. If the weather isn't too crazy, I'm going into the office on my day off tomorrow to put up two Halloween themed decorations. Will take a few pictures to post here. It's mostly Fall themed Target decor this year. Looking forward to seeing your displays too. You always inspire me!

961 - 980 of 1005 Posts