Halloween Forum banner
941 - 960 of 1005 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Impy, such a nice piece. Yay! Fingers and toes crossed you'll eventually get the other one. I see Target Mini Mantle pieces in the background of your pic. I got this year's collection too. Don't know who the artist is but it's a lot of fun and so easy to bubble wrap - (I broke a piece off one last year) - box, and store year to year!

I've got an order arriving this weekend. Eight of the ten Boney Bunch pieces. Boney Misfortunes is already here - (thanks to WWW!) - so I have ONE here! The Boney Ice Cream piece I ordered through Ebay had random paint in two places where it shouldn't have been so returned it to seller yesterday after a long back and forth. She finally agreed on the eve of Ebay stepping in. With all the craziness this year, I ordered an extra Boney Swings and Boney Dunk Tank. Might order and extra Boney Ice Cream today now that I've been able to return the other one. Mostly concerned with breakage of Boney Swings, a wonky wire cage on Boney Dunk Tank, or another bad paint job of Boney Ice Cream. The pieces that mix metal with ceramic are more prone to breakage. I broke my hospital from last year, but have a replacement on the way from a seasoned Ebay seller.

Now if I can just find my Boney Boy holding the bat on a string from the 2018 collection. I need him for my display, and haven't seen him for a couple of years now. Why, why, why did I pack him in a non-Boney Bunch box years ago. Never again!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Impy, such a nice piece. Yay! Fingers and toes crossed you'll eventually get the other one. I see Target Mini Mantle pieces in the background of your pic. I got this year's collection too. Don't know who the artist is but it's a lot of fun and so easy to bubble wrap - (I broke a piece off one last year) - box, and store year to year!

I've got an order arriving this weekend. Eight of the ten Boney Bunch pieces. Boney Misfortunes is already here - (thanks to WWW!) - so I have ONE here! The Boney Ice Cream piece I ordered through Ebay had random paint in two places where it shouldn't have been so returned it to seller yesterday after a long back and forth. She finally agreed on the eve of Ebay stepping in. With all the craziness this year, I ordered an extra Boney Swings and Boney Dunk Tank. Might order and extra Boney Ice Cream today now that I've been able to return the other one. Mostly concerned with breakage of Boney Swings, a wonky wire cage on Boney Dunk Tank, or another bad paint job of Boney Ice Cream. The pieces that mix metal with ceramic are more prone to breakage. I broke my hospital from last year, but have a replacement on the way from a seasoned Ebay seller.

Now if I can just find my Boney Boy holding the bat on a string from the 2018 collection. I need him for my display, and haven't seen him for a couple of years now. Why, why, why did I pack him in a non-Boney Bunch box years ago. Never again!
Nice! Glad your pieces are finally coming in! Is this the piece you are looking for?

·
Registered
196 Posts
grandma lise, I have bought the Mini Mantle pieces for the last 3 years. I agree with you they are so colorful and vintage looking. I also get my twin grandsons sets. Their father is fussy about decorations but these are so easy to set up and pack away. I can still fit all of them in one medium size box. Wish I could say that about my bony collection.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Ah, thanks so much Lizzypumpkin. He's one of my favorite pieces from the entire collection. Probably has to do with my affection for the Boney children AND BATS. One of the things I find interesting is the base of the two 2018 boney children, boy with bat and lil' witch, is that the base for both utilizes sculpt style that Mark Cook often used. Whoever the artist is, much appreciated. I've been checking for the boney boy on Ebay. Was losing hope.

Purchased! You're the best! Hope I can someday return the kindness you've shown me today.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
grandma lise, I have bought the Mini Mantle pieces for the last 3 years. I agree with you they are so colorful and vintage looking. I also get my twin grandsons sets. Their father is fussy about decorations but these are so easy to set up and pack away. I can still fit all of them in one medium size box. Wish I could say that about my bony collection.
I talked myself out of buying the first year's collection, but thankfully, they repeated some last year so that was nice. And of course I got all of this year's collection too. Your comment about your grandchildren's father amuses me. All three of our sons and their wives are "minimalists". I did find a way around them though. Each year, I allow all four of our grandchildren to each pick $50 of Hallmark ornaments which exclusively decorate each family's tree.

Hope you post pictures of your display, either here or on the Indoor Decorating 2021 thread. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ah, thanks so much Lizzypumpkin. He's one of my favorite pieces from the entire collection. Probably has to do with my affection for the Boney children AND BATS. One of the things I find interesting is the base of the two 2018 boney children, boy with bat and lil' witch, is that the base for both utilizes sculpt style that Mark Cook often used. Whoever the artist is, much appreciated. I've been checking for the boney boy on Ebay. Was losing hope.

Purchased! You're the best! Hope I can someday return the kindness you've shown me today.
So happy you got him. He is definitely adorable!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #947 ·

So glad you are on your way to getting the entire 2021 Boney collection. I am curious about the issue with the ice cream one. Where was the random paint on the item? I was surprised that the seller was initially giving you a hard time about returning it, but, thankfully, decided to do the right thing and accept the return.

Like you, I love the Boney Boy and Lil Witch. Such cute pieces. Wish they would do more with children.

·
Registered
232 Posts
grandma lise, it looks like your luck might've pushed it over the top as my fourth order says it's been shipped. So... fourth time's the charm? ;)

Yay more mini mantle love! I do love how easily it packs up, as I think at this point it's probably going to need its own box (last year it got to share) but unpacking was probably the easiest of all my decorations.

Looking forward to seeing people's various displays, as that might be my second least favorite thing about this weird release year. Usually by now I'm swimming happily in photos as you all share your new shinies or bring back old favorites if the new stuff fails to live up to the hype-hope.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Yay Impy! I'm so happy for you! OMG, 4 times. A new record for Yankee Candle. Perseverance pays off! Collectors never give up! ;)

I can't believe it's almost October. Can hardly wait to see everyone's displays. Let the decorating begin!!! :love:

----------

Okay, so it's not the end of the world...it's not the end of the world...

So...I stayed home all day yesterday...no package.

After I went to bed last night they changed my expected delivery date to...Monday. I read something on the Yankee Candle website this morning saying if they miss you the first time they attempt delivery, don't worry, they usually try again the next day.

This is a FedEx delivery. NINE boxes. Signature required. So now I'm thinking I should stay home from work tomorrow.

What do you all think? Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
ScareyCarrie, I paid way too much for Boney Ice Cream the night I completed my Yankee Candle order. I wrongly assumed that it had sold out. I figured with all the money I saved ordering the other 8 pieces with the 40% discount I could SPLURGE. There was only one listed on Ebay that night. Seller used stock photos, only had one negative feedback, which isn't necessarily a problem. It happens sometimes to good sellers.

Here's the pictures. Side and back weren't awful, but also weren't great. Definitely not acceptable for the price I paid. (And no, I'm not going to tell you :whistle: ). Had the seller knocked off $20 immediately after viewing my pictures, I might have kept it, but she instead argued that "sloppiness is part of the collection's charm" and stated NO REFUND. After thoroughly pissing me off, she did offer a refund of $20, but by then I'd already decided that I liked this piece so much I would buy three of them if that's what it takes to get a good one. Grrr. It has a boney umbrella, and a it's a bicycle cart! How could this piece be any cooler!

When I woke to an email with a return label to print the day Ebay was scheduled to step in, I packed that baby up and shipped it same day!

BoneyBunchLove added a 2009 Boney Bunch salt/pepper shaker peeking out of the votive holder...adorable! Totally going to steal her idea!

Here's the pictures - (love it so much. May the Yankee Gods please, please provide me one with a good paint job)...

White Light Art Umbrella Tints and shades
Drinkware Orange Wood Ingredient Barware
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

And here it is again next to Boney Misfortunes (that WWW sent me - great piece, thank you!). The writing is off on the cart but level with the ground. Not bad, but looks like they had to do it because of the big paint blob over the word "FOR".

Tire Wheel Font Wood Tree

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #951 ·
Wow grandma lise - that ice cream Boney is a "hot mess", (excuse the pun). So glad you were able to send it back to the seller. I hope you get your boxes tomorrow - all nine of them. If a signature is required, I would probably stay home tomorrow to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #953 ·
Actually the paint job does make it look like it's "melting".

I think you're right. I'm going hang out here at the house until the packages arrive.

Got a bit of a storm roaring through last night. Sunny this morning so maybe I'll be able to take pictures of the collection today. :)
Great idea GL - cannot wait to see your items.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
They arrived just after 4 p.m. today. So glad I stayed home from work. Definitely would have missed the delivery otherwise. 9 boxes in all. Filled up the entry way of my back porch. So fun unpacking them. I can't even see my bed right now. No breakage. All reasonably good paint jobs. The skin tones are darker than they appear in this picture, especially the Llama's coat of fur. Just waiting for the Boney Ice Cream piece to arrive later this week.

Plant Tree Musical instrument Asphalt Toy

Glad I got the entire collection. I really like them all. Brings back so many good memories. The carnival is the one place where you can run and scream and laugh, be the wild child that I am. I think they'll all blend well with the Circus collection. The Haunted House Jar Holder is nicely detailed. I plan to use it as the Boney children's play house. Was unsure if I liked Boney Swings. The boneys in the swings are so funny. One is smiling, the other frowning (which I can relate to!).

Drinkware Dishware Tableware Green Cup

The Frankenstein tea light/votive holder has an attached clear glass votive holder inside. Just need to find the Back to Classics Pumpkin Jar Holder to pair him with now.

Shoe White Green Drinkware Material property

This year's illuma-lid is really cute. So glad I got it.

Found a Back to Classics Jar Shade. The orange glass one with the silhouettes of the trick-or-treaters and the spooky tree! Love, love the art work on that piece. It should soon be on it's way.

I'm off to get a walk in before the rain starts again. Not sure where I'm sleeping tonight. The bed is buried 3 feet high in boxes and packing paper. [giggle]

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #956 ·
Wish only their was matching tea light holders with the trick-or-treaters to go with the jar shade. So cute!
So happy that you received all of your pieces, the paint jobs are good, and they arrived undamaged. It is a very cute collection when you see them displayed as you have. Thanks for showing the Frankenstein votive holder up against the 3 piece votive/tealight holder. I have the single Frankie votive holder, and because of your picture, I see he is bigger than the 3 piece. I haven't decided where I'll use him in my displays this year.

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Now, can you find your way out of styrofoam and cardboard? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Now, can you find your way out of styrofoam and cardboard? :ROFLMAO:
Bed recovered! All slept well...me, myself, and I.😁

I have to give a shout out to the warehouse crew. All nine boxes were properly packed. While I really like and reuse the big boxes, the ones they used this year worked well and probably provided more protection. That said, I don't think I've ever experienced breakage with Yankee Candle. They did a great job!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Shipped Boney Ice Cream back to seller on Friday. Received refund today, Tuesday. We're both out the cost of shipping which is fine. But she really ripped into me again. Ebay included her message with the refund:

"Here are 3 Boney Ice Cream Figurines. Each figurines the paint jobs appears sloppy it's the Brand signature characteristics. No Boney ice cream figurines will ever have perfect paint job. The buyer is aware of this, since they claim to be a collector since 2008. The buyer requested a refund because the item is available online at Yankee Candle for retail price. And is making unrealistic claims to get their refund"

Glad to be on the other side of this transaction. And both she and Ebay were provided the same pictures I provided here. I did order two Boney Ice Cream pieces. Paid $35 for each. One on 9/21, the other today, 9/28. Hopefully I'll get one or possible two with a reasonably good paint job.

Not sure if I can leave feedback or not. If I could, it would simply be "Insist on pics of item being sold prior to purchase." Something I almost always do, but didn't this time. My bad.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Shipped Boney Ice Cream back to seller on Friday. Received refund today, Tuesday. We're both out the cost of shipping which is fine. But she really ripped into me again. Ebay included her message with the refund:

"Here are 3 Boney Ice Cream Figurines. Each figurines the paint jobs appears sloppy it's the Brand signature characteristics. No Boney ice cream figurines will ever have perfect paint job. The buyer is aware of this, since they claim to be a collector since 2008. The buyer requested a refund because the item is available online at Yankee Candle for retail price. And is making unrealistic claims to get their refund"

Glad to be on the other side of this transaction. And both she and Ebay were provided the same pictures I provided here. I did order two Boney Ice Cream pieces. Paid $35 for each. One on 9/21, the other today, 9/28. Hopefully I'll get one or possible two with a reasonably good paint job.

Not sure if I can leave feedback or not. If I could, it would simply be "Insist on pics of item being sold prior to purchase." Something I almost always do, but didn't this time. My bad.
If she had 3 to compare, she probably got stuck with a bunch of this year’s collection that she was trying to flip and now is salty about it. I wouldn’t feel bad. Risks of being a reseller.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Lizzypumpkin, agreed. Refund came through today. If she's smart, she'll return the piece for refund from Yankee Candle. After thinking about it I decided, out of respect for other collectors, to leave a neutral rating and this feedback:

"Seller used stock pictures of item in listing. I didn't request pictures. Was able to return for refund, but both of us out shipping cost. Frustrating transaction for both of us."

I've only had 5 to 10 transactions this bad in 20+ years. My history as a buyer is 100% positive. Well until now. Oh well... Got to look out for our collecting sisters and brothers.

I'm expecting my replacement 2020 hospital today, possibly tomorrow. Pictures looked good. It's one my favorite pieces in the entire collection. Can hardly wait!

941 - 960 of 1005 Posts