Halloween Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

Registered
Thank you for this topic, ScareyCarrie!! I've been thinking (dangerous, I know!) about what would make me excited to buy more Boneys as they've been kind of losing their appeal to me lately. What I've come up with that would really break my budget is a Medieval theme! For me, I can envision Sir Ghoulahad, Lady Guinafear, and maybe even Sir Lanceualot, LOL! And how cool would it be to have a spooky medieval Boney Castle. I think Yankee Candle could expand on that theme quite a bit, and so would my budget, ha!

Speaking of Yankee Candle, after reading many posts here, I checked if our local store is still open, and boo, it's closed too!! I've been purchasing candles only online since COVID, so I didn't realize it's gone- hopefully it will return, and so will normality... Anywho, it's so nice to see many of our favorite ghouls and boos still here- I hope you're all doing well and look forward to another exciting annual Boney Bunch Vigil 馃懟
I really like the idea of a Medieval theme, especially a Sir Lanceualot! Haha!

Registered
Such a good idea. I can picture the boney face peering out a visor. A skeleton horse in jousting regalia would be nice. YC needs to bring back exciting lines of decor. I realize they think the old type of decor is for old fuddy duddys but the last time I was in a store, it was so boring. Whatever they out this year I still will be doing the middle of the night watch.
I surely would love to see a skeleton horse!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you for this topic, ScareyCarrie!! I've been thinking (dangerous, I know!) about what would make me excited to buy more Boneys as they've been kind of losing their appeal to me lately. What I've come up with that would really break my budget is a Medieval theme! For me, I can envision Sir Ghoulahad, Lady Guinafear, and maybe even Sir Lanceualot, LOL! And how cool would it be to have a spooky medieval Boney Castle. I think Yankee Candle could expand on that theme quite a bit, and so would my budget, ha!

Speaking of Yankee Candle, after reading many posts here, I checked if our local store is still open, and boo, it's closed too!! I've been purchasing candles only online since COVID, so I didn't realize it's gone- hopefully it will return, and so will normality... Anywho, it's so nice to see many of our favorite ghouls and boos still here- I hope you're all doing well and look forward to another exciting annual Boney Bunch Vigil 馃懟
A Midlevel Boney theme sounds amazing. The names you came up with cracked me up. Wish Yankee would take into account some of our suggestions for themes. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Registered
Not about Boney Bunch, but for those of you who like buying the Yankee Halloween candles, it looks like Mystic Moon and Jack O Lantern from last year have new 2021 pours. They should be returning. I'm hoping there are some new scents for this year too.

Yankee is really keeping things to themselves this year! I remember in the past having some sort of leak by now but I haven't heard a peep.

Registered
Not about Boney Bunch, but for those of you who like buying the Yankee Halloween candles, it looks like Mystic Moon and Jack O Lantern from last year have new 2021 pours. They should be returning. I'm hoping there are some new scents for this year too.

Yankee is really keeping things to themselves this year! I remember in the past having some sort of leak by now but I haven't heard a peep.
we actually didn't have any info on BB last year until almost release day.

Registered
Are there certain boney bunch pieces that are considered to be valuable or rare at this point? I collected these for a few years but haven't gotten any as of late and was just curious as to the value of some of the older pieces. I tried doing some online research on the topic and didn't come up with much.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

I am hoping that Yankee gives us a couple new Halloween scents too. I did like Mystic Moon, and I always pick up a Witches Brew. I was/am hoping that they bring back Haunted Hollow. Such a unique, spooky scent.

Registered
I am hoping that Yankee gives us a couple new Halloween scents too. I did like Mystic Moon, and I always pick up a Witches Brew. I was/am hoping that they bring back Haunted Hollow. Such a unique, spooky scent.
I dream that they would bring back Haunted Hollow! That would be so incredible. There is so much demand for it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hi all! I contacted Yankee Candle to ask when was the Boney Bunch premiere. I received a reply telling me that the Boney Bunch "fragrance" would be available in the fall around Halloween! I give up!
Yankee always has their Halloween Preview the last Saturday in August - August 28th this year. I have never heard of a Boney Bunch fragrance. Weird.

Registered
Are there certain boney bunch pieces that are considered to be valuable or rare at this point? I collected these for a few years but haven't gotten any as of late and was just curious as to the value of some of the older pieces. I tried doing some online research on the topic and didn't come up with much.
I just did an ebay search on "Yankee Candle Boney Bunch". Looks like pieces are available (868) and selling (221). Based on a few auction results I saw, I would use "BIN", not auction, to sell any of the older, valuable pieces. Some bidders got some great pieces for very good prices. I almost cried...

Registered
I'm excited too ScareyCarrie! I definitely don't need more (of anything). But truthfully, I miss hanging out with my friends - (being able to work 2 days a week has kept me sane) - and I'm bored out of my mind. It's really nice to have something to be excited about right now! A much needed, pleasant distraction!

The collection sold well last year. Hoping we get another good one this year. :)

Night Owl
"Hope springs eternal" as they say. Yankee Candle's Halloween collection was a little sparse last year. I am hoping they will have more to offer this year. They will probably stick with their last weekend in August release. Sadly, not sure what store I will go to, as the Williamsburg Flagship Store is now closed. I might have to make a six hour car trip to the Deerfield store in MA. Depends on what they have in their collection. Good to see everyone here again!
Oo,I was so sad to hear the Williamsburg store was closing. It's a 50 min drive for me and I always went to the premiere parties there except last years.Wish I would've gone!

Night Owl
I love the Medieval theme idea! I miss the older classic ones. I've been buying less every year. I'm not a fan of the writing on the pieces either.
As the Williamsburg Flagship Store is closed, my next closest one is a small mall one and I'm not sure if that one is even doing a party. Maybe one day I'll make it up to Deerfield!!

Reactions: RavenLily

Registered
I love the Medieval theme idea! I miss the older classic ones. I've been buying less every year. I'm not a fan of the writing on the pieces either.
As the Williamsburg Flagship Store is closed, my next closest one is a small mall one and I'm not sure if that one is even doing a party. Maybe one day I'll make it up to Deerfield!!
Yes! The older classic ones really were the Boney Bunch at their best and I guess they really lost their magic when Mark Cook no longer designed them. I could never imagine Mark making a crocodile in a toilet, although I was nutty enough to buy it, LOL! And you are sooo correct about the unwanted labeling on the pieces- what's next, a written declaration that says "figurine"?! Ha!! And so glad you liked the Medieval theme idea- I think it would be a big improvement over toilets and pregnant Boneys- Are you listening YC?? :ROFLMAO:

21 - 40 of 57 Posts