Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are 3 months away from the Yankee Candle Halloween preview which includes our favorite skeletons....the Boney Bunch. Does anyone have any insight as to what this years theme will be? I've been searching the internet for clues but have come up empty. What do you hope this years theme will be?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello ScareyCarrie! So glad to see this topic! I haven't heard any news about anything Yankee Halloween, but my local store also closed, so all of my information comes from Facebook, etc.
Hello Nstope, The Yankee store that I would go to every year for the preview weekend closed last year. I found another but it is about 40 miles from my home. I went to that store last year, and will probably go again this year. I like to see the Boney pieces and Halloween merchandise in person. Hope we get a little "sneak peek" in the near future. 🎃👻

·
Registered
180 Posts
The one that used to be the closest to me also closed. I went to another one and noticed they had extended their hours. Hopefully that's a good sign. I'm very curious about this year's collection...hoping for a cat piece!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one that used to be the closest to me also closed. I went to another one and noticed they had extended their hours. Hopefully that's a good sign. I'm very curious about this year's collection...hoping for a cat piece!
I am in Illinois and there are only few left, so I don't mind a drive to an open store. It's more than most have as some on the forum do not have a brick and mortar store to go to. I am very curious about this years collection as well. I have cats so I wouldn't mind a cat piece too. I don't think they had one last year, did they? 😸😹😻

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm so glad you guys are starting to discuss! Don't know how i missed this thread. Anyway, I'd love to see an all farm theme this year.. would be kind of fun. Or just a trick or treat theme with costumes and such. Not too much longer before we know! I'm very excited to see what they have this year. After 2020, I'm so ready for all of the goodies this Halloween season!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm so glad you guys are starting to discuss! Don't know how i missed this thread. Anyway, I'd love to see an all farm theme this year.. would be kind of fun. Or just a trick or treat theme with costumes and such. Not too much longer before we know! I'm very excited to see what they have this year. After 2020, I'm so ready for all of the goodies this Halloween season!
[/QUOTE
I think the trick or treat costume idea is great. I am tired of the non halloween ideas used for years. Skeletons as ghosts, or dressed as cats or devils would be good. I have not bought any boneys for at least 2 years. Perhaps going back to gothic or spooky would revive the interest in the line. I have seen too many people selling their collections.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am in Illinois and there are only few left, so I don't mind a drive to an open store. It's more than most have as some on the forum do not have a brick and mortar store to go to. I am very curious about this years collection as well. I have cats so I wouldn't mind a cat piece too. I don't think they had one last year, did they? 😸😹😻
My wife and I just moved to Illinois and I was just checking if there were any Yankee Candles close by and it looks like the closest one is about 20 miles from me. 2 other that were closer looked to have permanently closed. We were spoiled, there were 2 with 15 minutes of us back in Florida!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I love your idea of Farm theme or a classic Halloween Trick or Treat! I am looking forward to a sneak peak, hopefully within the next month! I miss going to my Yankee store to possibly get a flyer with information on it!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All of these ideas sound great. A farm theme, trick or treat, gothic and vintage all sound wonderful for the Boney Bunch My favorites are from the 2008/2009 years. I wish they would go back to that style. Just a couple more months before we find out. I'm getting excited.

·
Registered
127 Posts
All of these ideas sound great. A farm theme, trick or treat, gothic and vintage all sound wonderful for the Boney Bunch My favorites are from the 2008/2009 years. I wish they would go back to that style. Just a couple more months before we find out. I'm getting excited.
You're right! I think most would agree that they'd really like to see some classic ideas again. Would love another old style hearse, a creepy farm tractor, etc.. something along those lines. I still can't wait to see what they will do.. even if the theme is more on the quirky side.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're right! I think most would agree that they'd really like to see some classic ideas again. Would love another old style hearse, a creepy farm tractor, etc.. something along those lines. I still can't wait to see what they will do.. even if the theme is more on the quirky side.
Me too!!!! I often thought that a theme similar to the classic Universal monsters, i.e., the Mummy, Dracula, Werewolf, etc. would be perfect for our skeleton friends. 🐺 👻🎃💀

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wife and I just moved to Illinois and I was just checking if there were any Yankee Candles close by and it looks like the closest one is about 20 miles from me. 2 other that were closer looked to have permanently closed. We were spoiled, there were 2 with 15 minutes of us back in Florida!
Perhaps we'll run in to each other at the Yankee Halloween Preview this August. 😃

·
Registered
622 Posts
"Hope springs eternal" as they say. Yankee Candle's Halloween collection was a little sparse last year. I am hoping they will have more to offer this year. They will probably stick with their last weekend in August release. Sadly, not sure what store I will go to, as the Williamsburg Flagship Store is now closed. I might have to make a six hour car trip to the Deerfield store in MA. Depends on what they have in their collection. Good to see everyone here again!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"Hope springs eternal" as they say. Yankee Candle's Halloween collection was a little sparse last year. I am hoping they will have more to offer this year. They will probably stick with their last weekend in August release. Sadly, not sure what store I will go to, as the Williamsburg Flagship Store is now closed. I might have to make a six hour car trip to the Deerfield store in MA. Depends on what they have in their collection. Good to see everyone here again!
Good to see you too. I cannot complain as my closest store is about 45 minutes away.........much closer than your 6 hour drive. Yankee had a couple great Halloween pieces last year (the ghost tealight holder was my favorite). Perhaps they will have something along the same lines this year. Curious as to what the BB theme will be.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Good to see you too. I cannot complain as my closest store is about 45 minutes away.........much closer than your 6 hour drive. Yankee had a couple great Halloween pieces last year (the ghost tealight holder was my favorite). Perhaps they will have something along the same lines this year. Curious as to what the BB theme will be.
Yep Carrie, I can't wait either, I am hoping for a great year for all of us Halloween collectors!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thank you for this topic, ScareyCarrie!! I've been thinking (dangerous, I know!) about what would make me excited to buy more Boneys as they've been kind of losing their appeal to me lately. What I've come up with that would really break my budget is a Medieval theme! For me, I can envision Sir Ghoulahad, Lady Guinafear, and maybe even Sir Lanceualot, LOL! And how cool would it be to have a spooky medieval Boney Castle. I think Yankee Candle could expand on that theme quite a bit, and so would my budget, ha!

Speaking of Yankee Candle, after reading many posts here, I checked if our local store is still open, and boo, it's closed too!! I've been purchasing candles only online since COVID, so I didn't realize it's gone- hopefully it will return, and so will normality... Anywho, it's so nice to see many of our favorite ghouls and boos still here- I hope you're all doing well and look forward to another exciting annual Boney Bunch Vigil 👻

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thank you for this topic, ScareyCarrie!! I've been thinking (dangerous, I know!) about what would make me excited to buy more Boneys as they've been kind of losing their appeal to me lately. What I've come up with that would really break my budget is a Medieval theme! For me, I can envision Sir Ghoulahad, Lady Guinafear, and maybe even Sir Lanceualot, LOL! And how cool would it be to have a spooky medieval Boney Castle. I think Yankee Candle could expand on that theme quite a bit, and so would my budget, ha!
bring
Speaking of Yankee Candle, after reading many posts here, I checked if our local store is still open, and boo, it's closed too!! I've been purchasing candles only online since COVID, so I didn't realize it's gone- hopefully it will return, and so will normality... Anywho, it's so nice to see many of our favorite ghouls and boos still here- I hope you're all doing well and look forward to another exciting annual Boney Bunch Vigil 👻
Such a good idea. I can picture the boney face peering out a visor. A skeleton horse in jousting regalia would be nice. YC needs to bring back exciting lines of decor. I realize they think the old type of decor is for old fuddy duddys but the last time I was in a store, it was so boring. Whatever they out this year I still will be doing the middle of the night watch.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts