Halloween Forum banner

1121 - 1137 of 1137 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Yay @ScareyCarrie! Our favorite ghosts displayed amongst the fall leaves! Am loving the creamy colors of the jar topper. The jack-o-lanterns pair nicely with the smaller ghost. It hadn't occurred to me to hang beaded garland from the base of a jar sitting on a mantle - (perhaps because I've never had one; I need to build a fake mantle in my livingroom so I can do that too :) ). Was the Boo jack-o-lantern a recent find? It's really cute. I like the longer stem too.

Now you relax, sit back, and enjoy your displays now!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
RavenLily your displays are awesome! I love your runners and that candy dish is so cute. I have to get a new one this year. I have been using a wire one that is shaped like a spider web the past few years, but the candy always falls through, so it probably wasn’t the most practical choice lol. grandma lise that advent calendar is absolutely amazing. I love the details. Yeah my Target didn’t have much left from that collection when I was there earlier today, but some of the plastic trays they had were kind of cool. Perfect for Halloween cookies. Yum yum. My Home Goods is also totally wiped out of Halloween stuff. Christmas is already moving in.
Thanks to you Lizzypumpkin, I've decided I want to add a Halloween countdown calendar to my collection, though NOT the $1,200 one I posted. My husband is tolerant, but not THAT tolerant. [giggle] I'm so glad you shared your John Darien one with us here. It was an awesome find! Once I realize I'm missing something from my collection, I can spend years searching for the just the right one. It's a lot of fun for me. I'm excited.

I didn't buy a lot at HomeGoods this year, but they're more my go to store for Polish glass ball ornaments. Thinking... I was really broke when their Halloween merchandise was at it's peak, so that might explain it. Did get a felt garland at the beginning of the season and and a cream blanket with lovely fall leaves pattern at the end of the season.

Was the Halloween season shorter this year or did they just get less in? Now that I think about it more, I don't recall seeing any Halloween blown glass ornaments or garland there this year.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Home now. As soon as I sat down for dinner I checked for the umpteenth time to see if you'd decorated and posted pictures. Yay RavenLily!

So much to love. That flying witch sure is cute. Do Dracula and the witch light up, dance, and play music? I like the mix of wood and metal in the two other pieces.

I was so hoping you'd use your bat lace this year. On the glass tabletop, they look like they're flying!

I need to add those YC jack-o-lantern tea light holders to my "back collect" list, and am now wishing I'd gotten last year's Pumpkin jar holder too. They look lovely displayed together.

Hadn't occurred to me to use the ivory dripping wax tea lights in the Friends Tree. Great idea. Really like the doily too. Maybe after I get my collection organized, I can make some time to do some crocheting again.

In honor of your marvelous Fritz and Floyd candy dish, I had chocolate smothered in peanut butter after dinner. :)

Everything about your Boney Bunch display is over-the-top fun! Boneys All Smiles is nicely complimented by Hoots Gravely.

I was hoping to try for another, but I see Boneys All Smiles is sold out now. Eight of the thirteen sold out before Halloween. All that's left now is Good Doctor, Dr. Screamy, On a Roll, Hide 'n Shriek, and Boneys to the Rescue. Yankee Candle has to be happy about that.

I never really thought about this, but the Boney pieces pick up and reflect the fairy lights, unlike the older flocked pieces. Good to see the children too. I'm STILL wondering where I packed away my Boney Baby from 2018. Of all the Boney children, he was my favorite until Little Companion came along this year!

And what are those little guys popping out of Boney Buzz's head? They're so cute!

Seeing your displays makes me so happy. Hoping you're enjoying them too RavenLily. And thank you for sharing a picture of your Boney display lit at night. Beautiful!

So many fun displays this year. I've enjoyed them all and am hoping to see a few more...[nudge, nudge]. ;)

The time is flying by. Only 15 days to go...

Oh, and I really like the ghost mug too. When I stopped by Target, they still had three bear mugs left, so I picked one up for the winter months. And I also found a really fun light string last night for $5 at the thrift store - (Foremost 10 Light Creepy Crew Halloween Set)...

View attachment 741031

Nicely detailed. Has a nice glow when lit. Just when I think the collecting season is over, I find something else that I really like. :)
Aww, thank you for all your kind words, Grandma Lise, you're such a sweet, dear person, and for that, in your honor, I am putting even more chocolate in the candy bowl just for you (and me!!) :) I just love, love, love your latest find of lights- As ScareyCarrie said, they do bring to mind the Universal Monsters, what a neat thing to come across and so glad that you were the lucky recipient!

The little thing poking out of Buzz's head is actually a nightlight Wallflower plug from BBW that when the daylight hits it just right, lights up the green lights of the JOL's eyes- I'll try and post a pic for you and hopefully it'll give you an idea. It seemed too cute to just plug in the wall so it's getting buzzed by Buzz instead of electricity, ha!

The Witch and Dracula don't get their groove thing on anymore these days- something happened over the years and now when I turn them on rather than dancing, they look like they're having a medical emergency seizure caused by the garbled electronic music that would make a stake in the heart seem like a good thing to be put out of their misery, LOL!

I'm glad you were able to pick up a bear mug at Target for Christmas decorating, he was very cute and I was bear-ly able to resist him myself :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
RavenLily your displays are awesome! I love your runners and that candy dish is so cute. I have to get a new one this year. I have been using a wire one that is shaped like a spider web the past few years, but the candy always falls through, so it probably wasn’t the most practical choice lol. grandma lise that advent calendar is absolutely amazing. I love the details. Yeah my Target didn’t have much left from that collection when I was there earlier today, but some of the plastic trays they had were kind of cool. Perfect for Halloween cookies. Yum yum. My Home Goods is also totally wiped out of Halloween stuff. Christmas is already moving in.
Thanks so much, Lizzypumpkin, how sweet of you for your kind comments about the candy dish- I'm thinking maybe we should exchange my candy dish for yours so the candy will fall on the table rather than into my hands- sure would save me a lot of calories that I could send your way, ha!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
@RavenLily - Wow!!! I love your displays, especially the Boney's on the runner at night. Absolutely gorgeous. Wish I could fly over to your house on my broom and partake of that candy dish. :rolleyes: Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful pics with us.
Thank you ScareyCarrie, but if you're on your broom heading here, and I'm on my broom heading there I hope you know you'll have to take over cooking for Hubby and I'll happily take over your back-collection- seems like a fair trade, no? LOL

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,130
@RavenLily - That is a great idea to use the wallflower plug as a light. Thanks for the suggestion. I laughed when I ready about the Witch and Dracula looking like they are having seizures rather than dancing. You always make me laugh with your posts. Your displays, even though you say they are small this year, are spectacular. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

·
Registered
428 Posts
@RavenLily - That is a great idea to use the wallflower plug as a light. Thanks for the suggestion. I laughed when I ready about the Witch and Dracula looking like they are having seizures rather than dancing. You always make me laugh with your posts. Your displays, even though you say they are small this year, are spectacular. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.
Aww, you're a sweetheart, ScareyCarrie, thank you!! But what about the trade of cooking for Hubby while I babysit your back collection of Boneys?? Seemed fair to me, haha!!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,132
Aww, you're a sweetheart, ScareyCarrie, thank you!! But what about the trade of cooking for Hubby while I babysit your back collection of Boneys?? Seemed fair to me, haha!!
Fair huh???? I barely cook for myself, I would probably be able to cook him up some Spam and mac and cheese. How does that sound? As far as baby sitting my back collection........I'll have to mull that over.......for a while. :rolleyes: 🎃

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks to you Lizzypumpkin, I've decided I want to add a Halloween countdown calendar to my collection, though NOT the $1,200 one I posted. My husband is tolerant, but not THAT tolerant. [giggle] I'm so glad you shared your John Darien one with us here. It was an awesome find! Once I realize I'm missing something from my collection, I can spend years searching for the just the right one. It's a lot of fun for me. I'm excited.

I didn't buy a lot at HomeGoods this year, but they're more my go to store for Polish glass ball ornaments. Thinking... I was really broke when their Halloween merchandise was at it's peak, so that might explain it. Did get a felt garland at the beginning of the season and and a cream blanket with lovely fall leaves pattern at the end of the season.

Was the Halloween season shorter this year or did they just get less in? Now that I think about it more, I don't recall seeing any Halloween blown glass ornaments or garland there this year.
Haha, yes the hunt is definitely fun! Being stuck in the house has given me more time to browse online, so I am finding so many cute things. Yes, our Home Goods did not have much this year. I definitely think have been supply issues. I also think people are in comfort shopping mode so things are flying off the shelves. Polish glass is so pretty (Polish girl here!). I saw some beautiful Polish glass Halloween bowls online this year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks so much, Lizzypumpkin, how sweet of you for your kind comments about the candy dish- I'm thinking maybe we should exchange my candy dish for yours so the candy will fall on the table rather than into my hands- sure would save me a lot of calories that I could send your way, ha!!
Haha yes, I feel like every day is a battle against the COVID-19 lbs. I have my eye on a cute Johanna Parker cat candy bowl, but I think my husband will not be thrilled as we are hunting for a new house and trying to pare down. I think my next house needs a lady lair or a she shed for all of my collectibles lol.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,136
Haha yes, I feel like every day is a battle against the COVID-19 lbs. I have my eye on a cute Johanna Parker cat candy bowl, but I think my husband will not be thrilled as we are hunting for a new house and trying to pare down. I think my next house needs a lady lair or a she shed for all of my collectibles lol.
Ah, yes, the dreaded Covid diet. That's the one where you gain weight instead of lose it. I think your new house should have a room just for all of your collectibles. Is one room enough????? :rolleyes:🎃

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Haha, yes the hunt is definitely fun! Being stuck in the house has given me more time to browse online, so I am finding so many cute things. Yes, our Home Goods did not have much this year. I definitely think have been supply issues. I also think people are in comfort shopping mode so things are flying off the shelves. Polish glass is so pretty (Polish girl here!). I saw some beautiful Polish glass Halloween bowls online this year.
I love glass... If you come across something interesting, do share it here. It's fun seeing others "finds". ;)

1121 - 1137 of 1137 Posts