Halloween Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1137 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Oh good! Looking forward to seeing another display ScareyCarrie. Yay! :)

Am still making additions to my display at work, but really fighting the urge to create more displays. It's really hard, but I'm going through my collection and purging, reorganizing, etc. Not fun. On a happier note...tonight I received a surprise in the mail, my Halloween Pumpkin Mask. Completely forgot I'd ordered it from the Christmas Tradtions website. It's washed and hanging to dry now. The orange is a little bit brighter IRL, but not much. That said, a bright orange would probably to too much. Hoping to wear it tomorrow...

After thinking more, I realized I hadn't used one of the pieces I wanted to include in my cubicle display. Brought it to work today, and realized I had a hole to fill. The Castle faces the window, so I just added the Pirate Ship, facing me, completing my display...

Don't know who the artist is, but these mantle pieces are a lot of fun. And I like that the back is painted black. Next week, if I have time, I'm going decorate the white birch trees on my desk.

Hoping we'll see some more Boney Bunch displays posted here. Am really missing them...

Am counting down to Halloween. 18 days to go... Am I the only one seeing more Halloween yard displays this year?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Just a word of caution for anyone who is wanting to buy the 2009 jar clinger and the 2009 ceramic air freshener to round out your collection.
Don't pay much for them, especially shipping. Both are extremely tiny and weigh nothing. I honestly wish I hadn't wasted my money.
View attachment 740434
Boneybunch15, those jar clingers can be a lot of fun. Many ways to use them. First thought that comes to mind is hanging him from a branch in one of my black trees. Or perhaps from the outside of one of the cars on my ferris wheel. Let me know if you decide to sell it. But I really think you might yet find some fun ways to display it. The Boney Bat jar clingers are fun to play with too.

Are you enjoying having all your Boney Bunch collection displayed this year? Do visitors pick favorite pieces or displays?

@ScareyCarrie is your family enjoying your displays?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,103
Oh good! Looking forward to seeing another display ScareyCarrie. Yay! :)

Am still making additions to my display at work, but really fighting the urge to create more displays. It's really hard, but I'm going through my collection and purging, reorganizing, etc. Not fun. On a happier note...tonight I received a surprise in the mail, my Halloween Pumpkin Mask. Completely forgot I'd ordered it from the Christmas Tradtions website. It's washed and hanging to dry now. The orange is brighter IRL. Hoping to wear it tomorrow...

View attachment 740523

After thinking more, I realized I hadn't used one of the pieces I wanted to include in my cubicle display. Brought it to work today, and realized I had a hole to fill. The Castle faces the window, so I just added the Pirate Ship, facing me, completing my display...

View attachment 740525

Don't know who the artist is, but these mantle pieces are a lot of fun. And I like that the back is painted black. Next week, if I have time, I'm going decorate the white birch trees on my desk.

Hoping we'll see some more Boney Bunch displays posted here. Am really missing them...

Am counting down to Halloween. 18 days to go... Am I the only one seeing more Halloween yard displays this year?
That mask is right up my alley. I love it. When I went to target at few weeks back to get the Pyrex Halloween bowls, I did see those mantle display pieces and I thought they were really cute and reasonably priced. Love your pirate ship. Wonder how the Pirate Boney pieces would look along side it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am loving all of the displays grandma lise and ScareyCarrie. I have a Michaels, a Target and a Home Goods within 5 minutes of my house so its definitely the danger zone for Halloween decorations. Boneybunch15 sorry to hear that your purchases were smaller than expected. I think he is really cute though! And just when I thought my Target was clearing out of Halloween stuff they dropped a whole bunch of John Derian goodies. I had to get this countdown calendar although I thought it was a little bit pricey for what it is. Each window lights up the 7 days before Halloween. I love how creepy the details are (it’s hard to see in the photo). My daughter posed some of her boneys around it lol. We have so many Bonesy dogs, some of which were back collected. One daughter loves dogs and the other loves horses, so I think we are covered in the boney department.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Ooooh, Lizzypumpkin, I love your daughter's choice of Death by Chocolate and Grave Digger to display with the John Derian Halloween Countdown Calendar. I found it on the Target website, but not available here, which is just as well, I'm done, well mostly... Perhaps it's only sold at Targets in the larger cities. Definitely upscale. What a fun find! ScareyCarrie, I can just see this in your livingroom...

Thank you for sharing your newest display!

Tonight, I found a 70" round of black web lace interspersed with realistic spider silhouettes for $2. I can't find an image of it online so perhaps it's older. I layer them on round tablecloths to build small table displays. I have so much fun shopping the thrift stores this time of year.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
My Birch trees were bare, so added these ornaments today, found at Walmart last week...

We had wind and rain this morning...so picked up leaves for my desk as I walked to the office - (wish my camera picked up the reds). And since I'm posting, thought I'd share a little office humor, gleaned from a co-worker's cubicle...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thank you guys all so much for the advice. I ended up returning the Boney back to the seller. I imagine it will be reposted with the damage disclosed (I hope!), so if anyone is looking for him and willing to take him with a broken foot, check eBay!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks grandma lise. I am actually really happy I bought the countdown house. It’s a nice solid piece that I can bring out every year. The windows have really cool details too. I love your birches and of course your little ghostie mug. Aw glad you made your decision AbsyntheMinded. You never know when things may pop up so a good one might come around again. Sometimes the really hard to find pieces show up on Mercari too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Okay guys, so one more heads up in case you see the piece on eBay. Unfortunately, the seller listed the piece as a manufacturer repair... 😒smh... We all know this does not happen, but I guess it is what it is. The foot was quite obviously broken off and glued back on which would not have been done at the manufacturer or the Yankee Candle store, but this is what the seller is claiming. Like I said before, cool piece and maybe worth a much lower price just to have, but don't be fooled by the verbiage in the listing because it is nonsense.

Much love to all and counting down the days to our favorite holiday!!! I am so loving seeing all the decorating posts... maybe I will share some too... 🎃💀👻

·
Registered
428 Posts
My Birch trees were bare, so added these ornaments today, found at Walmart last week...

View attachment 740682

We had wind and rain this morning...so picked up leaves for my desk as I walked to the office - (wish my camera picked up the reds). And since I'm posting, thought I'd share a little office humor, gleaned from a co-worker's cubicle...

View attachment 740683 View attachment 740684
Love how your birch tree looks with the cute little decorations, and of course your mug (the ceramic one, ha!) looks perfect at the base of the tree! And thanks for posting that cute poster from your co-worker's cubicle, it really made me smile- the Poe little guy was just what I needed on a midnight dreary, deary!! :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Okay guys, so one more heads up in case you see the piece on eBay. Unfortunately, the seller listed the piece as a manufacturer repair... 😒smh... We all know this does not happen, but I guess it is what it is. The foot was quite obviously broken off and glued back on which would not have been done at the manufacturer or the Yankee Candle store, but this is what the seller is claiming. Like I said before, cool piece and maybe worth a much lower price just to have, but don't be fooled by the verbiage in the listing because it is nonsense.

Much love to all and counting down the days to our favorite holiday!!! I am so loving seeing all the decorating posts... maybe I will share some too...
🎃💀👻
Ugh, I just looked up the seller's listing and someone has already bid on it. One of my pet peeves is dishonesty in the description of items sold on eBay. Most sellers are honest, but there are some who are knowingly deceptive and naive buyers who don't know the practices of Yankee Candle will take this seller at their word that it's a manufacturer repair, which as you said, it most definitely is NOT, as their pictures now clearly depict. If they thought it was truly a manufacturer's repair, why didn't they state it the 1st time it was listed, grrr. If I had been you, I would've contacted eBay's customer service- most likely they would have done something more to accommodate you, and possibly even enabled you to keep the item which would've kept someone else from getting misled by the seller again.

Anywho, wishing you too a Happy Halloween- hoping it's a boo-tiful one!! :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
This year’s Halloween decorating is really minimal. The thought of dragging in and unpacking (and then repacking) 2 box fulls of Boneys was too much to deal with. So instead I pretty much worked with things I either bought this year,
already had in the house or stored upstairs. I know it’s pretty underwhelming but here it is in all its non gory glory 🎃ps please note the chocolate I put in the candy dish for you,ScareyCarrie and Grandma Lise 👻

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Home now. As soon as I sat down for dinner I checked for the umpteenth time to see if you'd decorated and posted pictures. Yay RavenLily!

So much to love. That flying witch sure is cute. Do Dracula and the witch light up, dance, and play music? I like the mix of wood and metal in the two other pieces.

I was so hoping you'd use your bat lace this year. On the glass tabletop, they look like they're flying!

I need to add those YC jack-o-lantern tea light holders to my "back collect" list, and am now wishing I'd gotten last year's Pumpkin jar holder too. They look lovely displayed together.

Hadn't occurred to me to use the ivory dripping wax tea lights in the Friends Tree. Great idea. Really like the doily too. Maybe after I get my collection organized, I can make some time to do some crocheting again.

In honor of your marvelous Fritz and Floyd candy dish, I had chocolate smothered in peanut butter after dinner. :)

Everything about your Boney Bunch display is over-the-top fun! Boneys All Smiles is nicely complimented by Hoots Gravely.

I was hoping to try for another, but I see Boneys All Smiles is sold out now. Eight of the thirteen sold out before Halloween. All that's left now is Good Doctor, Dr. Screamy, On a Roll, Hide 'n Shriek, and Boneys to the Rescue. Yankee Candle has to be happy about that.

I never really thought about this, but the Boney pieces pick up and reflect the fairy lights, unlike the older flocked pieces. Good to see the children too. I'm STILL wondering where I packed away my Boney Baby from 2018. Of all the Boney children, he was my favorite until Little Companion came along this year!

And what are those little guys popping out of Boney Buzz's head? They're so cute!

Seeing your displays makes me so happy. Hoping you're enjoying them too RavenLily. And thank you for sharing a picture of your Boney display lit at night. Beautiful!

So many fun displays this year. I've enjoyed them all and am hoping to see a few more...[nudge, nudge]. ;)

The time is flying by. Only 15 days to go...

Oh, and I really like the ghost mug too. When I stopped by Target, they still had three bear mugs left, so I picked one up for the winter months. And I also found a really fun light string last night for $5 at the thrift store - (Foremost 10 Light Creepy Crew Halloween Set)...

Nicely detailed. Has a nice glow when lit. Just when I think the collecting season is over, I find something else that I really like. :)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts

Much love to all and counting down the days to our favorite holiday!!! I am so loving seeing all the decorating posts... maybe I will share some too...
🎃💀👻
AbsyntheMinded, so glad you returned it for refund! Looked at the listing. Seller states "Very Rare! It has a manufacturer repair on its right foot, was bought at Yankee Candle in current condition". Manufacturer repair? Never happened. In 2010, I received a Boney Bunch taper holder, shipped directly to me from the Yankee Candle warehouse, still sealed, with a chunk of plywood glued to it (which means they had to break it loose from the plywood then pack it into its styrofoam and box before it was shipped from China! I kid you not! These pieces may have been sold at the Deerfield Village or Williamsburg Village stores in 2008 and/or 2009, I don't know, but I do know they weren't sold at Yankee Candle stores in 2009. These are Coynes & Company pieces, not Yankee Candle. It may take a while, but I'm confident you'll find another...that hasn't been broken, repaired, then misrepresented by a seller.

I so hope you'll share pictures of your displays. It's what we most look forward to each year on the Boney Bunch thread. :)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Okay, after looking around, if I can't have the
20" Haunted House Light Up Halloween Countdown Calendar - John Derian
from Target, now sold out, I'd like to have this...that is...if I had a lot of money...

More pictures here...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Okay, after looking around, if I can't have the
20" Haunted House Light Up Halloween Countdown Calendar - John Derian
from Target, now sold out, I'd like to have this...that is...if I had a lot of money...

View attachment 741032

View attachment 741033

More pictures here...

That is amazing! Not sure how many get purchased for $1200 but truly gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
RavenLily your displays are awesome! I love your runners and that candy dish is so cute. I have to get a new one this year. I have been using a wire one that is shaped like a spider web the past few years, but the candy always falls through, so it probably wasn’t the most practical choice lol. grandma lise that advent calendar is absolutely amazing. I love the details. Yeah my Target didn’t have much left from that collection when I was there earlier today, but some of the plastic trays they had were kind of cool. Perfect for Halloween cookies. Yum yum. My Home Goods is also totally wiped out of Halloween stuff. Christmas is already moving in.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,119
@RavenLily - Wow!!! I love your displays, especially the Boney's on the runner at night. Absolutely gorgeous. Wish I could fly over to your house on my broom and partake of that candy dish. :rolleyes: Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful pics with us.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,120
Home now. As soon as I sat down for dinner I checked for the umpteenth time to see if you'd decorated and posted pictures. Yay RavenLily!

So much to love. That flying witch sure is cute. Do Dracula and the witch light up, dance, and play music? I like the mix of wood and metal in the two other pieces.

I was so hoping you'd use your bat lace this year. On the glass tabletop, they look like they're flying!

I need to add those YC jack-o-lantern tea light holders to my "back collect" list, and am now wishing I'd gotten last year's Pumpkin jar holder too. They look lovely displayed together.

Hadn't occurred to me to use the ivory dripping wax tea lights in the Friends Tree. Great idea. Really like the doily too. Maybe after I get my collection organized, I can make some time to do some crocheting again.

In honor of your marvelous Fritz and Floyd candy dish, I had chocolate smothered in peanut butter after dinner. :)

Everything about your Boney Bunch display is over-the-top fun! Boneys All Smiles is nicely complimented by Hoots Gravely.

I was hoping to try for another, but I see Boneys All Smiles is sold out now. Eight of the thirteen sold out before Halloween. All that's left now is Good Doctor, Dr. Screamy, On a Roll, Hide 'n Shriek, and Boneys to the Rescue. Yankee Candle has to be happy about that.

I never really thought about this, but the Boney pieces pick up and reflect the fairy lights, unlike the older flocked pieces. Good to see the children too. I'm STILL wondering where I packed away my Boney Baby from 2018. Of all the Boney children, he was my favorite until Little Companion came along this year!

And what are those little guys popping out of Boney Buzz's head? They're so cute!

Seeing your displays makes me so happy. Hoping you're enjoying them too RavenLily. And thank you for sharing a picture of your Boney display lit at night. Beautiful!

So many fun displays this year. I've enjoyed them all and am hoping to see a few more...[nudge, nudge]. ;)

The time is flying by. Only 15 days to go...

Oh, and I really like the ghost mug too. When I stopped by Target, they still had three bear mugs left, so I picked one up for the winter months. And I also found a really fun light string last night for $5 at the thrift store - (Foremost 10 Light Creepy Crew Halloween Set)...

View attachment 741031

Nicely detailed. Has a nice glow when lit. Just when I think the collecting season is over, I find something else that I really like. :)
Love the string light which is reminiscent of the older Universal monsters. Great price too!!

1101 - 1120 of 1137 Posts