Halloween Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1137 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
ScareyCarrie, that's what's so crazy about back collecting these pieces. The prices are all over the place! Though I have to say, you do really well at scoring deals! @Boneybunch15 too!
That was a good deal. Seems like sellers are now coming out of the woodwork wanting to sell the early pieces.
Grandma lise, you are fortunate that you have a boss that allows you so much creative license to decorate. Really cheers things up.

I am not sure how many pumpkin people there are. The birdcage one is the only other one that I can remember seeing.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
@Boneybunch15, I work in a back office so have more flexibility thankfully. My favorite compliment this year was from someone in the other half of our department. She walked up with a big smile, arms open wide around my cubicle and joyfully said, "THIS! ALL OF IT!". My social media savvy friend explained to me that this is a common meme; learning all the time... ;)

I know you'll eventually find the birdcage piece for a good price. You are relentless!

Pumpkin People... Pumpkin People Stamp Sheet | Facebook

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,084
@Boneybunch15, I work in a back office so have more flexibility thankfully. My favorite compliment this year was from someone in the other half of our department. She walked up with a big smile, arms open wide around my cubicle and joyfully said, "THIS! ALL OF IT!". My social media savvy friend explained to me that this is a common meme; learning all the time... ;)

I know you'll eventually find the birdcage piece for a good price. You are relentless!

Pumpkin People... Pumpkin People Stamp Sheet | Facebook
I love your displays, and, like Boneybunch 15 said, you are fortunate that you have the kind of workplace that allows for your creativity. I am sure your co-workers are loving your "kid friendly" theme this year. Unfortunately, I cannot decorate at work, other than the occasional Halloween sign. Wish I could go all out. At least I can at home. Thanks again for your pictures. Wish I worked with you.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,085
grandma lise I love your work displays! My desk right now is a plastic folding table at home so not much to decorate lol. My boss loves Halloween so when we are actually in the office we decorate and have a big party and bring the kiddos every year. It’s fun!

ScareyCarrie, I love your shelf! It’s so happy. And your moon plate is very cool. It reminds me of a moon pie. Yum. I wish I had more real estate indoors to decorate.

Absyntheminded (I love your handle by the way) that really stinks about your broken boney. Definitely not on the level on the seller’s part. I guess it depend on how much it irks you about the broken foot. It would annoy me personally, and that price does sound high. Although it seems like people do pay high prices for broken boneys these days. It is a cool piece.
The more I look at that moon plate, the more it does remind me of a moon pie. Wish I had one right now, I love them, especially the banana ones. Thanks for liking my shelf. Your Halloween work party with the kids sounds like so much. You are fortunate to have a Halloween loving boss. 🎃

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Yankee Candle Halloween accents are 25% off...

Looks like 7 Boney Bunch pieces are still available...

Sold out...

Bonesy the Therapy Dog
Boney Buzz
Boney Hospital
PJammin'
Little Companion
Make 'em Laugh

Still available...

Dr. Screamy
Boneys to the Rescue!
On A Roll
Good Doctor
Hair Raisin' Fun
Hide 'n Shriek
Boney's All Smiles

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Oh my gosh, that is such a fun display ScareyCarrie! Your home is a lovely backdrop for your vintage style displays. I love your choice of Boney Bunch pieces, the eyelet fabric, the black candle embellished with a purple gem stone and metal work, and that BBW's candle holder (which I must back collect; it's such a great addition to your collection!). Can I also say..."This. All of it!". I watched the movie Churchill's Secret last night on Amazon Prime, and your display immediately took me back in time, just like that movie.

And you know I want that fabric Scaredy Cat wall hanging. How did I miss it? When, where did you get it?!

At the end of the Halloween season, perhaps we could compile a slideshow of everyone's displays. Seeing these displays one by one throughout the month of October is so much fun!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,093
Thanks so much grandma lise. I do love the Victorian style decor, and have tried to incorporate that in my own home. I purchased that fabric wall hanging a few months back, as well as an owl hanging (will attach a picture) from the Victorian Trading Co. store on Ebay. I paid $8.95 for each with free shipping. They may still have them available, not sure though. I love them. The best part is that they roll up and take up practically no space.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Home now. Just finishing dinner. ScareyCarrie, those two wall hangings that roll up for storage are awesome. I really like the owl too. After I saw the first one, I immediately went into "Find that Scaredy Cat" mode. It's completely sold out, but I had a lot of fun looking at the Victoria Trading Co. website. NEXT YEAR, I will pay more attention to this site, earlier in the season. They really have some nice things. And I'd really like to collect more vintage theme decor. You've gotten some lovely items from them over the years.

On the way home from grocery shopping, I stopped by the thrift store. Found two of artist Matthew Mead's four books on decorating for Halloween parties, some Fall/Halloween dish towels, and this orange metal lantern, 4.5" L x 1.75" D x 4.5" H, 6.5" H w/ handle, one of my favorite things to collect...

One year, I'd like to hang my lantern collection in a street facing window for Halloween. :)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,096
Home now. Just finishing dinner. ScareyCarrie, those two wall hangings that roll up for storage are awesome. I really like the owl too. After I saw the first one, I immediately went into "Find that Scaredy Cat" mode. It's completely sold out, but I had a lot of fun looking at the Victoria Trading Co. website. NEXT YEAR, I will pay more attention to this site, earlier in the season. They really have some nice things. And I'd really like to collect more vintage theme decor. You've gotten some lovely items from them over the years.

On the way home from grocery shopping, I stopped by the thrift store. Found two of artist Matthew Mead's four books on decorating for Halloween parties, some Fall/Halloween dish towels, and this orange metal lantern, 4.5" L x 1.75" D x 4.5" H, 6.5" H w/ handle, one of my favorite things to collect...

View attachment 740254

One year, I'd like to hang my lantern collection in a street facing window for Halloween. :)
Awww, that's too bad that the cat banner is sold out. Yes, next year check out their website early in the season. They offer some good deals and they have some fantastic items.

I love the lantern, and would love to see your collection on display one day. Great finds.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I'm so glad you got it ScareyCarrie. It's funny, I think I saw it at Michaels at the beginning of the season. I briefly looked at it but I don't think I fully unrolled it, nor did I "get" it's movie poster look until I saw it on your wall. Are you done decorating for the season or do you have one more display in mind?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,099
Just a word of caution for anyone who is wanting to buy the 2009 jar clinger and the 2009 ceramic air freshener to round out your collection.
Don't pay much for them, especially shipping. Both are extremely tiny and weigh nothing. I honestly wish I hadn't wasted my money.
View attachment 740434
I wasn't even aware that there was an air freshener. I have seen the jar cling though on Ebay. I hope whomever sold it to you didn't charge you crazy shipping prices.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,100
I'm so glad you got it ScareyCarrie. It's funny, I think I saw it at Michaels at the beginning of the season. I briefly looked at it but I don't think I fully unrolled it, nor did I "get" it's movie poster look until I saw it on your wall. Are you done decorating for the season or do you have one more display in mind?
I believe I have one more display in my living room. It's a very small one with the porcelain ghost tealight holder. Once I am finished with it, I'll take a picture and post it. Are you pretty much done decorating at home and work?

1081 - 1100 of 1137 Posts