Halloween Forum banner

841 - 860 of 921 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
js1620, you can find pictures of the 2013 re-release on Ebay - (many are listed as 2008 but the facial features are different). Here's a picture of my 2008 Bride and Groom for you to compare to...

View attachment 737144
Wow, thank you so much grandma lise. I knew the faces looked a little different from the current boney bunch but the fact that the piece is from 2008 makes it extra special to me! I love vintage items because there is something wonderful about them being loved and enjoyed by multiple people. This piece really reminds me of Tim Burton Halloween movies, particularly The Corpse Bride which is one of my favorites!

I did look up the bride and groom on Ebay per your suggestion and I do see the difference in faces in the 2013 re-release. Very interesting!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #844
Well, I managed to get all the pieces of the pet cemetery glued back together and painted over, but I dread when I have to pack it up.
I have no clue how so many pieces got broken, especially the tombstones. It seemed to be be well packaged, but I guess not.
I did ask the seller for $10 refund to cover the glue and paint. She said she would, but she hasn't done it yet.
Compared to what other sellers are charging I got it for a good price, but $70 with shipping is still a lot.
Until I broke down last night and bought Aunt Hilda with the Umbrella, that was the most I had ever paid for any one piece.
I have been very fortunate to find many pieces for under $30.
I am glad the surgery was a success. You will have to be very careful packing it away, or you will have to repeat the surgery next year.

I try to set limits on how much I will pay for older Boneys. If it is something I really want, sometimes that goes out the window. I love Aunt Hilda, so glad you were able to pick her up. Last year I was able to get these 3 pieces from the same seller for $100. So happy with them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am glad the surgery was a success. You will have to be very careful packing it away, or you will have to repeat the surgery next year.

I try to set limits on how much I will pay for older Boneys. If it is something I really want, sometimes that goes out the window. I love Aunt Hilda, so glad you were able to pick her up. Last year I was able to get these 3 pieces from the same seller for $100. So happy with them.
View attachment 737162
Wow you got a really good deal. I passed up the grandma with carriage last month because it went over $100. I really wanted her too. She doesn't come up for sale often.
I have the middle one, can't remember what I paid for him but it was under $50.
I am ashamed of myself, especially after paying so much for the cemetery, but Aunt Hilda set me back $83 with shipping.

Someone is about to pay close to that for the tall boney holding a pumpkin from 2010.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
ScareyCarrie, seeing these old friends makes me so happy. Amazed you got all three for $100! Wow!

Js1620, I feel the same about finding these special pieces too. It's not always easy to do, but I enjoy donating, sometimes sometimes selling or gifting holiday decor. I remind myself how much joy it brought me initially and how much joy it will bring to those in its next home. :)

Okay, tonight I went a little crazy. I'm not going to be able to get the one thing I really, really wanted from Target, so ended up getting the 20" Antimated Halloween Ferris Wheel Candy Dispenser instead and a few other pieces to compliment it. So much fun. It's for my Boney Carnival display. I've been looking for a piece like this for YEARS!

It's huge. It lights up, rotates, and plays music. I think I'm done now...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Forgive me for asking what is probably a question already answered, but what is the one thing you really wanted from Target? And that Ferris wheel tempted me so much but I know my nephew would run away with it, never to be seen in working order again, so I look forward to your pics of it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #850
ScareyCarrie, seeing these old friends makes me so happy. Amazed you got all three for $100! Wow!

Js1620, I feel the same about finding these special pieces too. It's not always easy to do, but I enjoy donating, sometimes sometimes selling or gifting holiday decor. I remind myself how much joy it brought me initially and how much joy it will bring to those in its next home. :)

Okay, tonight I went a little crazy. I'm not going to be able to get the one thing I really, really wanted from Target, so ended up getting the 20" Antimated Halloween Ferris Wheel Candy Dispenser instead and a few other pieces to compliment it. So much fun. It's for my Boney Carnival display. I've been looking for a piece like this for YEARS!

View attachment 737175

It's huge. It lights up, rotates, and plays music. I think I'm done now...
I love the Ferris wheel. It will be perfect for your BB carnival display. I think I am going to take your advice and gift away some Halloween items, especially to my family and friends that have kids. Not my boney's, but some Lemax spooky town pieces. This way it will bring them joy, and help me to de-clutter.

AND grandma lise...........ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE DONE??? :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Hoot Gravely is here and I am so pleased with it. I didn’t realize that he has black flocking on him or that he holds two tea lights as opposed to one. It is so much better than in the online pictures. I highly recommend him! 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤 If anyone is on the fence, go for it, you won’t be sorry! This is an amazing piece!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Someone is about to pay close to that for the tall boney holding a pumpkin from 2010.

Is the 2010 tall boney holding a pumpkin har holder worth it? I think the auction is around $61 at this point.

Also, I am interested in the pumpkins for sale boney farm wagon. For those of you who have it, what do you think of that piece? Do you think $65 Is a fair price?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Reaper20?? This is the 13th year of the collection, so assuming there's a minimum of 12 pieces a year, that's potentially 156+ pieces to back collect.

Here's a link to Boney Bunch Love's Facebook page where you can see ALL of the Boney Bunch collection through 2019 so you can get a better idea of which pieces you might want to back collect... Boney Bunch Love

Have fun with it!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Reaper20?? This is the 13th year of the collection, so assuming there's a minimum of 12 pieces a year, that's potentially 156+ pieces to back collect.

Here's a link to Boney Bunch Love's Facebook page where you can see ALL of the Boney Bunch collection through 2019 so you can get a better idea of which pieces you might want to back collect... Boney Bunch Love

Have fun with it!
Yeah one woman on there just bought the 2008 3 head for $100, she will put it up for sale for $1,000.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
My Hoot Gravely is here and I am so pleased with it. I didn’t realize that he has black flocking on him or that he holds two tea lights as opposed to one. It is so much better than in the online pictures. I highly recommend him! 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤 If anyone is on the fence, go for it, you won’t be sorry! This is an amazing piece!

View attachment 737192
Wow, the piece behind your Boney is really nice. What is it and and what's it's story?!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, the piece behind your Boney is really nice. What is it and and what's it's story?!
I collect antique Halloween signs. it is difficult to see but the images are carved, not just painted (see the first photo). The pictures don’t do them justice. Here are a few that I have up now. I will pull more out as I continue to decorate.

Attachments

841 - 860 of 921 Posts